Womens Programme Co-ordinator
- Job Reference: PTAAX0905/CC
- Date Posted: 19 April 2021
- Recruiter: LGBT Foundation
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £23,823
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Contract
Women’s Programme Co-ordinator
Are you an empowering community leader who is passionate about LBQ women?
LGBT Foundation is recruiting for a Women’s Programme Co-ordinator to lead and manage delivery of our comprehensive Women’s Programme, which is funded by the OGX Hair Products and Assura. Our Women’s Programme, the only comprehensive programme of its kind in the country, is aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of lesbian, bisexual and queer (LBQ) women’s communities, and support their continued empowerment and engagement in their communities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading on capturing and disseminating the learning from the past years of LGBT Foundation’s Women’s Programme across all sectors to raise awareness of LBQ women’s experiences and needs
- Networking and presenting with key decision makers to influence future provision and inclusion around LBQ women’s communities nationally
- Coordinating a community leaders programme for LBQ women through coaching, training and access to resources
- Working with LBQ women’s communities in the design and delivery of the programme
- Developing a schedule of monthly workshops and annual events for LBQ women
- Working with other LGBT Foundation directorates to share learning and increase accessibility and inclusion of LBQ women
- Overseeing key communication outputs, including a monthly e-bulletin and meetup account
- Developing and promote health campaigns targeted specifically at LBQ women
We are taking positive action to encourage applications from people of colour (PoC) and other racially minoritised communities, trans, non-binary and/or older people (aged 50+), to improve the representation of colleagues from these communities in our staff team.
* Trans is an umbrella & inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity differs in some way from that which they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
- Hours – 37 hours per week
- Annual Leave – 25 per annum plus bank holidays, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service (pro rata where appropriate)
- Probation period – post subject to successfully completing a six month probationary period
- Employers contributory pension – 10% of annual salary (applied the month following completion of the probationary period)
- Remote working - The pandemic has taught us that remote working is advantageous to organisations for productivity and LGBT Foundation has adopted a strong agile working structure
- Salary: £23,823 pro rata
- Special Terms: End date 31st March 2022 (subject to continuation funding)
- Reporting to: Community Programmes Manager
- Accountable for: Sessional Workers, Volunteers. Bi Programme Sessional Worker
Closing Date: 9am on Monday 10th May 2021
Interviews: Monday, 17th May 2021 via Zoom
Your responsibilities will include:
- To lead the delivery of a comprehensive programme for lesbian, bisexual and queer women
- To work at a national level to raise awareness and visibility of the needs of lesbian, bisexual and queer women
- Supervision of Sessional Workers
- To ensure monitoring requirements are fulfilled
Please study the recruitment pack carefully to think about how you are suitable for the role (This will become available after hitting the apply button). In the application we ask you to outline how your skills, knowledge, understanding and experience make you the right person for this role.
Other organisations may call this role EDI Project Co-ordinator, Equality & Diversity Project Co-ordinator, EDI Co-ordinator, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Co-ordinator, or EDI Programme Co-ordinator.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Women’s Programme Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.