Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator Full Time, Permanent
- Job Reference: HKYAU1901/CC
- Date Posted: 7 January 2021
- Recruiter: FareShare UK
- Location: Southampton
- Salary: £18,369
- Sector: Membership Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator – Full Time, Permanent
Do you have experience of food distribution, warehouse operations or overseeing staff/volunteers? Want to take on an engaging role where you’ll be helping to feed vulnerable families and combat food waste? If so, read on.
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
Currently, there is an increasing demand for our services and it’s more important than ever that we get quality donated and surplus food to those in need.
We’re looking for a Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator to join us and support the day-to-day operations of our food warehouse in Southampton. This is a full time, permanent role, working 35 hours per week.
- Salary of £18,369 per annum
- Travelcard loans (if applicable)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Help to feed families in need and make sure that no good food goes to waste
- Support the smooth running of an established charity
- Training to gain your Intermediate Food Hygiene certificate (if needed)
This is a fantastic opportunity to do some real good with your career and deliver an amazing service that provides quality food to those most in need.
Within a fast-paced and engaging environment, you’ll have the chance to build on your existing experience while playing an important part in the operation of our Southampton site.
As a Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator, you’ll facilitate the smooth running of our warehouse and oversee a large team of volunteers.
Working with the Warehouse Manager, you will:
- Ensure that all shifts are adequately planned, supervised and meet operational needs
- Use our food management systems to organise food distribution
- Make sure that H&S procedures are followed
- Ensure that our vans are roadworthy and legal
- Help to respond to telephone and email queries
To join us as a Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator, you’ll need:
- At least one year’s experience of overseeing staff and/or volunteers, warehouse operations or food distribution
- Experience of working in a team with evidence of demonstrating a flexible approach to team working
- A track record of working on your own initiative, managing your own workload and prioritising tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office and other bespoke software packages
- A full driving licence
A Level 2 Food Safety qualification would be beneficial, as would experience of the following: taking responsibility for health and safety issues within a food distribution and/or warehousing operation, working in a highly regulated environment, delivering training to staff or volunteers or working with people who have additional support needs.
Other organisations may call this role Warehouse Co-ordinator, Shift Supervisor, Food Distribution Supervisor, Distribution Supervisor, Volunteer Supervisor, or Warehouse Operations Co-ordinator.
The closing date for applications is the 19th January 2021.
Webrecruit and FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Warehouse Shift Co-ordinator, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.