Are you an experienced fundraiser - perhaps in trust or corporate fundraising, fundraising events, individual donors? Downright Excellent needs your support to continue helping children with Down syndrome maximise their potential.
Are you looking for a way to use your skills and experience, and have a real impact on children’s lives? Downright Excellent, which works with children with Down syndrome, is facing an uncertain future having been desperately hit by the effects of the pandemic. We need skilled help now to continue doing our vital work, ensuring that some of the most vulnerable children and families in our community continue to be supported by us to develop their communication skills and reduce their isolation.
- Developing relationships with our schools - maybe you are a current/former teacher, school office manager for example
- Calling DEx families to encourage them to raise funds - suited to someone comfortable 'cold' calling, having quickly gained an understanding of DEx's work.
- Researching potential funders – maybe you're an experienced trusts fundraiser. Someone who is internet savvy, analytical - researching lists of funders to see who is appropriate for us, taking a top level view of the criteria, deadlines to develop shortlists.
- Writing bids for grants – ideally suited to an experienced bid-writer/trusts fundraiser.
- Social media/digital fundraising - suited to a social media savvy digital fundraiser to help us develop a strategy, develop a relationship with our audience(s).
- Helping to organise an annual flagship fundraising event with/for the trustees – maybe you are a furloughed events organiser. We need someone with the experience to generate ideas and run with them.
We are looking for several volunteers, most likely with the following backgrounds:
- corporates fundraising
- trusts fundraising and bid-writing
- someone from a schools background
- social media/digital fundraiser
- fundraising events organiser
Within all these, we are looking for energetic, committed individuals with the depth of experience to hit the ground running (with support, of course). Excellent written skills are a must, as is the ability to analyse information, comfortable working with a small and friendly team.
What's in it for you?
Maybe you have been made redundant or furloughed and find you have some time on your hands. What better use of your time could there be than helping a vital charity supporting children with Down syndrome and their families at a time when they have been disproportionately hit by the impact of the pandemic. You will have the chance to flex your fundraising and other skills, working within the most friendly team and having a direct impact on vulnerable children's lives.
What difference will you make?
Downright Excellent has been desperately hit by the impact of the pandemic - with increased demand for the work that we do (as well as the resources involved in moving everything online), plus a reduction in our income. We currently work with 123 children with Down syndrome and their families, providing vital support in developing their communication and other skills to enable them to thrive in school and, ultimately, go on to find fulfilling work and live more independent lives than they would without our support. All of this work is hanging in the balance and we need your help now to secure vital funding to make sure that our work can continue into the new year and beyond. Your help in securing funding will shore up our short term and medium term future, meaning we can continue to help children with Down syndrome maximise their potential.