Trust & Foundations Fundraising Executive
- Job Reference: ACBBE2801/PK
- Date Posted: 7 January 2021
- Recruiter: Frank Water
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £25,000 to £27,492
- Sector: Fundraising - Trusts
- Job Type: Permanent
Trust & Foundations Fundraising Executive
Home based with expectations of working from central Bristol office one day per week when the tier system and restrictions allow
Part time - 21 hours per week, flexible working hours, permanent contract
£25,000 - £27,492 per annum, pro rata, DOE Plus Pension
Frank Water is a Bristol based charity and wholly owned trading subsidiary, working domestically in the UK as well as overseas in India and Nepal, with a vision of a future where everyone, everywhere has access to resilient water resources for generations to come.
Frank Water is now seeking to appoint a part time Trust & Foundations Fundraising Executive to a permanent contract, joining a small, passionate team.
This role will report to the Head of Programmes & Funding and will work closely with the Corporate & Community Fundraising Executive and Individual Giving & Digital Fundraising Executive.
The purpose of the role is to plan, develop and implement trust fundraising strategies in line with the organisational strategy and values.
The ideal candidate will take ownership of all aspects of trust and foundation fundraising, building strong, long term relationships with trusts and foundations through regular communications.
You’ll communicate the organisation’s purpose and funding needs in a clear, consistent way to potential and existing trust funders through high quality applications and communications.
You will be donor focused with a gift for quickly building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and possess a self-motivated, tenacious, and can-do attitude.
It is essential you have a passion for our cause and a desire to develop an understanding of all aspects of our work, with the ability to travel throughout the UK as required.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To understand the funding needs of the organisation, including core funding and programmes
- To provide strategic oversight to securing income from trusts and foundations and manage a pipeline achieving a target agreed annually
- To research, identify and prioritise potential new trusts (local, national and international) and to advise the Head of Programmes & Funding of upcoming opportunities to grow income
- To liaise closely with all members of the Programmes & Funding Team to plan and develop the strongest possible proposals and build relationships
- To manage each grant application from submission to decision ensuring all communication and content is of a consistently high standard, inspiring and in line with the organisation’s brand identity
- Evaluate the effectiveness of each application and make sure we embed a continuous improvement cycle into all fundraising activities
- To maintain and develop a detailed contact history with existing and potential funders and partners using the organisation’s database (eTapestry), devising an annual schedule of reporting deadlines, and scheduling applications
- To ensure strong and consistent stewardship of the donor portfolio, including prompt recognition of donations and regular information sharing
- To support the evaluation process by monitoring and reporting back to funders as appropriate in a comprehensive and timely manner, with input from the Programmes team and NGO partners where necessary
- To develop and maintain excellent working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders and partners
- To support the Head of Programmes and Funding to research, contact and apply to large and institutional funders
- To support the Head of Programmes and Funding to develop a funding strategy, helping to deliver a significant increase in value and consistency of the charity’s restricted income
- To support the Head of Programmes and Funding in developing the team budget, forecasting trusts and foundation income and monitoring success
- Play a pro-active part in the Programmes and Funding Team and build mutually supportive relationships across all fundraising, communication, and programme teams
- Hit personal and team targets set on an annual basis, contributing to the team’s overall success
- Support interns and volunteers where required
- To contribute to key organisational priorities and other tasks as required
Key Skills & Abilities
- The ability to think creatively
- The proven ability to engage and nurture new and existing supporters
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- Excellent oral communication skills with a high degree of diplomacy, tact and confidence
- Being an excellent team player who can work on your own initiative to plan and manage your workload
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally
- Willingness and ability to work within a small organisation with a small and part time staff team operating from an open-plan office environment
Essential Experience & Requirements
- At least two years’ experience in proposal writing for trust and foundation fundraising
- A proven track record of managing and nurturing donor relationships
- Experience of meeting and exceeding targets
- Experience using and capitalising on the benefit of a supporter database
- Passion for Frank Water’s cause and desire to develop an understanding of all aspects of our work
- Flexible and willing to undertake occasional travel in the UK, when necessary
If you feel you have both the experience and background to successfully undertake this role, then we want to hear from you. Please select the apply button and submit a CV and covering letter outlining why you wish to be considered for this role by midday on Thursday 28th January 2021.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Officer, Trusts & Foundations Officer, Trust Fundraising Officer, Partnerships Officer, Corporate Partnership Officer, or Charitable Foundation Fundraising Officer.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.