Trust and Foundations Manager
- Job Reference: HKXRS0612/CC
- Date Posted: 16 November 2020
- Recruiter: Kent, Surrey & Sussex Air Ambulance Trust
- Location: Chatham
- Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
- Sector: Fundraising - Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Trusts and Foundations Manager
£30,000 - £35,000 per annum DOE
Application deadline: 6th December 2020
For over 30 years, Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex (AAKSS) has been providing world-leading pre-hospital medical services to critically ill or injured patients wherever they are, whenever they need it. As the UK’s busiest, and one of the world’s leading Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), we are at the forefront of utilising technology and innovation to save lives and improve patient outcomes.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join KSS in a newly created Trusts and Foundations Manager role. KSS are looking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced Fundraising Manager with a track record of successfully raising funds from trusts and foundations. The role has been created to maximise income from trusts and foundations, as part of the charity’s strategy to diversify fundraising income. Reporting to the Head of Development, you will lead on this new income stream for the charity and be responsible for researching opportunities, writing bids and grant applications, and managing ongoing relationships with funders.
We are looking for a detail-oriented self-starter with determination, excellent writing skills and passion to join Team KSS.
- Work with the Head of Development to develop and implement a trusts and foundations strategy that reflects organisational needs, contributes to the overall fundraising strategy, and meets income targets.
- Work with the Income Generation, Marketing and Communication Team to develop a strong case for support.
- Manage relationships with existing trusts and foundations, ensuring excellent stewardship and all required reporting is delivered in line with the funder’s requirements. Encourage multi-year deals and repeat funding.
- Proactively research viable trusts and foundations, understanding funder’s needs and criteria and how our services and projects meet these needs. Build a pipeline of trusts and foundations, prioritise and allocate prospects to relevant projects and convert prospects to donors.
- Support the Head of Development to creatively identify funding opportunities and projects with our Service Delivery Operational Team.
- Write high-quality, compelling and targeted funding applications to secure five and six figure donations from trusts and foundations.
- Identify potential statutory and local authority funding sources and make applications as appropriate.
- Monitor and evaluate projects and services as part of the reporting process for funders.
- Keep clear income and expenditure budgets and detailed records of application activity plus record all communications on the supporter database.
- Support the Head of Development with the wider development income stream and cross over opportunities with major donors.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as directed by the Head of Development, Executive Director of Income Generation and Chief Executive.
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, both recruitment activities and job offers have been amended to ensure the safety of KSS staff and job applicants in line with Government and Health guidelines.
This is a full-time, permanent position. Part-time hours will be considered for the right candidate.
To apply for the role of Trusts and Foundations Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Trusts Manager, Fundraising Manager, Trusts Fundraising Manager, Trusts and Foundations Fundraising Manager, or Fundraising Programme Manager.