Telephone and Digital Adviser
Telephone and Digital Advisor
Office/Home Based from one of our nine offices (subject to latest COVID guidance) or flexible working considered
Are you a compassionate customer service professional with the ability to get to the root of an issue and empower the people you speak to? Want to take on a highly rewarding role providing support to individuals across the county? If so, we want to hear from you.
Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon is a Devon-based advisory service that helps members of the public to understand, face, and deal with problems they may be experiencing.
Every year, thousands of people come to us for advice and help with all manner of problems, from managing debt and household bills, to welfare and benefits.
We serve a population of over 300,000 people with around 30 staff and over 150 volunteers.
We’re currently looking for a Telephone and Digital Advisor to join our team and support people across our region with excellent advice, compassion and expertise.
- Salary of £21,000 per annum
- Home working options
- Employer’s pension contribution
- Generous annual leave
- Ongoing training and support
This is a brilliant opportunity to undertake excellent training, enhance your experience levels and become an integral part of an inventive, collaborative team.
At Citizens Advice, we’re here for everyone. Our advice helps people solve problems and our advocacy helps fix problems in society. Whatever the challenge, we won’t turn people away.
You’ll have the chance to make a real difference to individual’s lives by providing them with a friendly face and the support they need to overcome difficulties they may be facing.
As a Telephone and Digital Advisor, you will support a wide range of clients with an array of issues, providing information, signposting and, once fully trained, a comprehensive advisory service.
Primarily involved in advice giving, you will also undertake research into issues, maintain your professional skills through training and individual learning and complete a range of admin tasks.
Specifically, your role will involve:
- Interviewing clients using sensitive listening and questioning skills
- Supporting people to make the best use of the digital channels available
- Utilising resources to communicate relevant information to clients
- Researching and exploring options and implications so that clients can make informed decisions
- Signposting clients to other internal resources or other specialist agencies as appropriate
- Maintaining detailed case records
To be considered for this role, you will need:
- Customer service experience – particularly on telephone, email and/or webchat
- The ability to use sensitive listening and questioning skills to get to the root of the issues and empower clients, whilst maintaining structure and control of meetings with them
- The ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively
- The ability to use telephony and IT systems to deliver services across multiple channels including email, webchat and telephone
Knowledge of the benefits systems including Universal Credit would be beneficial to your application. The ability to carry out accurate benefit check calculations would also be an advantage, as would basic knowledge of multiple enquiry areas to aid with identifying emergencies and making referrals where appropriate.
Other organisations may call this role Customer Service Executive, Customer Service Rep, Contact Centre Agent, Contact Centre Representative, Customer Care Rep, or Customer Support Representative.
Webrecruit and Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are ready for your next challenge as a Telephone and Digital Advisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: full time