Supporter Fundraising Officer
Location: Albert Embankment
Salary: £25,053.50 to £28,336.13 per annum (incl. of London Weighting)
Closing Date: Sunday 10th January 2021 at 11:59pm
Interview Date: 15th January 2021
Do you want a rewarding career where you can really make a difference?
Have you got experience of delivering marketing campaigns and are you looking to work for a leading mental health charity?
If so, you could be the person we are looking for.
We’re Rethink Mental Illness, a leading charity provider of mental health services in England. We support thousands of people through our groups, services, policy, campaigns and advice and information. Our work supports us in delivering on our mission: “A better life for everyone severely affected by mental illness.”
We have a very exciting opportunity for a Supporter Fundraising Officer to join our established and friendly Fundraising team. You will join us on a permanent contract working full time, 35 hours per week, initially working from home.
You will be responsible for delivering individual giving campaigns through digital and offline channels, with a focus on retaining and maximising income from existing supporters. In addition, this role will also initially support the delivery of warm fundraising campaigns for Mental Health UK.
In everything we do, we seek to demonstrate our values: Passion, Commitment, Openness, Hope, Expertise and Understanding. If these values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you.
In addition, what will you be doing?
- Supporting the Supporter Fundraising Manager to deliver planned supporter retention activities such as cash appeals, legacy marketing activities and regular giving campaigns including retention, upgrade, cross-sell and reactivation.
- Working closely with colleagues in our Operations and Comms teams to help source content and case studies for these activities.
- Providing day-to-day direction to suppliers including telephone fundraising agencies, digital marketing agencies, printers and mailing houses to ensure campaigns are delivered on time.
- Working with the Digital team to create compelling emails, landing pages and social media campaigns to support these appeal activities.
- Setting up campaign data selections, coding and tracking to ensure all campaigns can be effectively measured and analysed.
- Monitoring income and expenditure for retention campaigns, including working with colleagues in Finance on invoice processing and reconciliation.
- Developing appropriate thank you and complaint reply communications.
Do you have what we are looking for?
- Experience of working in a direct marketing role, ideally within a charity.
- Experience of managing digital marketing campaigns, ideally fundraising campaigns.
- Experience of data entry for the purpose of updating and maintaining databases.
- Proven experience of working to and exceeding targets and KPIs.
- Sound understanding of relevant fundraising regulations and data protection regulation.
Experience of a range of direct mail, telephone fundraising, digital marketing and email techniques is desirable.
What will you receive?
You will have plenty of opportunities to enhance your abilities with the chance to make a real difference every day. In addition, you will have excellent development opportunities including funded training, career development and a range of e-learning courses. You will also receive:
- Salary of £25,053.50 to £28,336.13 per annum (incl. of London Weighting)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Your "Rethink Day" - 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
Don’t just change jobs, change lives!
Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, we won’t be fully reopening our Albert Embankment office for some time. Therefore, the role will involve a mixture of working from home, and if required, office working until we’ve fully re-opened the office. We will continue to review the situation in line with government guidelines.
The Recruitment Advisor looking after this role is Katie Wright. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to get in touch. Contact details can be found by selecting the apply button shown.
Just a couple of final things
As part of our ongoing commitment to redeployment, please note that this vacancy may be withdrawn at any stage of the recruitment process, without prior notice if a suitable redeployee (internal employee at risk of redundancy) is identified.
We welcome applications from everyone, applicants with lived experience, those who are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning+ (LGBTQ+), people with a disability, or those from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds are actively encouraged to apply. We are proud to have also been awarded Disability Confident employer status. We have an ambition of becoming an anti-racist organisation and we recognise there is more to do in ensuring our recruitment is fair and inclusive, which is why we are recruiting new roles in helping us to achieve this. Please be mindful that we may need to close adverts early if we receive a high volume of applications, we therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible. If a shortened closing date has a significant impact on your ability to apply, please let us know.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Officer, Fundraiser, Supporter Engagement Officer, Supporter Communications Officer, Marketing Executive, Direct Marketing Executive, or Digital Marketing Executive.