Supporter Care and Shop Officer Part Time
- Job Reference: HKXLJ2511/PK
- Date Posted: 14 October 2020
- Recruiter: Free Tibet
- Location: London
- Salary: £23,000
- Sector: Membership Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Supporter Care and Shop Officer – Part Time
Brixton, SW2 (office and home based, with visits to the office twice a week)
Do you have experience of delivering great customer service or supporter care? Do you have a flair for creativity and an understanding of how to promote products?
If so, this is a great opportunity to take on an exciting role where you’ll be supporting two integral functions in a small, ambitious NGO.
We are Free Tibet, a leading human rights organisation campaigning for an end to China’s occupation of Tibet, as well as the international recognition of Tibetans’ right to freedom.
Our vision is a free Tibet in which Tibetans are able to determine their own future and the human rights of all are respected. Funded entirely by our supporters across the world, we mobilise active support for the Tibetan cause, champion human rights and challenge those who sustain the occupation. We work closely with our research partner, Tibet Watch, to securely obtain, verify and distribute information and news from inside Tibet.
We are looking for a Supporter Care and Shop Officer to join us on a part-time basis, working 21 hours per week. As a flexible employer, we’re keen to discuss how/when these hours are worked.
- Salary of £23,000 pro rata
- Pension (employer contribution of 6%)
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata + Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Training and development opportunities
This is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your existing skill set, help to promote our brand and manage a key income stream for our organisation.
In this entirely new role, you will have the chance to act as the voice of our organisation and provide the first interaction that many supporters and customers will have with us. You’ll also have the opportunity to make a real impact on our online shop by sourcing new products, supporting marketing activities and finding ways to grow income.
So, if you are looking to challenge yourself and want to join a close-knit team who are committed to human rights and campaigning for a free Tibet, we’d love to hear from you.
As a Supporter Care and Shop Officer, you will deliver a great service to supporters and customers and oversee the day-to-day running of our online shop.
In this dual role, you will:
- Respond to queries from supporters and customers via email, telephone and post
- Make sure our supporters and customers have a positive interaction with our organisation
- Oversee the fulfilment of orders for our online shop
- Liaise with suppliers
- Co-ordinate volunteers
To join us as a Supporter Care and Shop Officer, you will need:
- Experience of delivering excellent customer service or supporter care
- Previous experience with MS Office
- The ability to track and understand stock levels and sales and profit figures
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to contribute to public-facing promotional marketing initiatives
- A commitment to Free Tibet’s mission
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: using Shopify or a similar online retail management tool, volunteer management or other line management, using a supporter database, or budgeting.
We would like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Customer Service Executive, Supporter Care Officer, Customer Services Rep, eCommerce Executive, Supporter Care Assistant, or Online Retail Assistant.
Webrecruit and Free Tibet are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Supporter Care and Shop Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.