Work with and support the Supported Housing Operations Manager and wider Supported Housing Team to provide effective, high quality support services to vulnerable, single homeless individuals with the aim of promoting independent living. These individuals may have needs such as offending behaviour, substance misuse problems, or mental health issues and will be vulnerable to rough sleeping. The post holder will support clients in assessing their needs and will involve clients as fully as possible in that process using a balanced and open approach to risk. They will primarily work within the client’s home but may also work in other appropriate community settings.
Support planning and risk assessing
· Conduct assessments with homeless individuals presenting at the service.
· Carry out new client welcomes, inducting clients into the service including registering with doctors, etc.
· Ensure that clients have a full understanding of their rights and responsibilities during their stay with Exeter City Community Trust
· Support clients to articulate and achieve their goals and targets as defined/ agreed within their support plans and support contracts, offering personal, holistic and emotional support.
· Hold planned key-work sessions each week with clients using a person- centred and flexible approach.
· Offer a creative but assertive approach in order to seek to re-engage clients rather than taking punitive action that may lead to disengagement and eviction
· Assess support needs via Outcomes Star assessments, and plan support around the individual’s needs.
· Regularly review and develop mutually agreed support plans with clients and any other professional involved in the support of those individuals e.g. Key Workers and Probation Officers.
· Hold multi-agency meetings, coordinating the support of the client with other professionals.
· Update records with all client and agency contacts, accurately and in a timely manner.
· Provide support to help clients manage their own lives and their home to their full potential, including dealing with benefits, budgeting and neighbour relations.
· Motivate and challenge clients to help them realise their goals.
· Liaise with clients and external agencies regarding the provision of specialised support when appropriate.
· Deal promptly with all complaints and protection from abuse disclosures.
· Provide clear, accurate and good quality information in respect of all clients in line with agreed procedures ensuring that appropriate information is shared with the line managers.
· To deal with the immediate support needs of clients as appropriate, providing crisis intervention where necessary
· Assist with securing move-on to appropriate accommodation.
Health and Safety
· Liaise with Emergency Services; Fire, Police and Medical.
· Ensure at all times the safety of yourself and others on the premises in which you work.
· To report incidents, in line with the Exeter City Community Trust licence agreement, to address any nuisance caused by clients’ behaviour or their visitors.
· To support colleagues in diffusing difficult or dangerous situations and to summon outside assistance when necessary.
· Adhere to clients checks, handover and incident process.
· Ensure that all communal and work areas are clean and tidy.
· Attend to all enquiries and pass messages onto relevant people.
· Contribute to the formulation of policy and procedures in relation to support services.
· Attend and participate in regular team meetings to ensure good communication.