Support Worker DVA - Ealing
- Job Reference: TCMBB3001/CC
- Date Posted: 13 January 2021
- Recruiter: Housing for Women
- Location: London
- Salary: £26,000
- Sector: Membership Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Support Worker DVA – Ealing
Job Type: Permanent
Benefits: 27 days’ holiday, buy and sell annual leave programme, Perkbox, health cash plan and more
We are looking for a Support Worker with domestic violence and abuse (DVA) experience to join our team in Ealing. In this role, you will work alongside the team to provide a safe and empowering environment in their homes or at our refuge, for women and their children and/or dependants who are experiencing or have experienced domestic abuse.
Our Ealing team is small but passionate and very supportive. At our refuge, we support eighteen families with the aim of supporting them and empowering them to achieve independence to help them go where they want to go in life. For this purpose, we work closely with a number of external agencies in the borough, with whom we are proud of having a fantastic relationship.
In this role, your main responsibilities will include:
- The delivery of services to service users, ensuring effective reporting to the Manager as appropriate
- Risk management and financial control within the team
- Ensuring high standards of customer care
- Acting in accordance with the values and aims of Housing for Women
- Promoting and implementing Housing for Women’s policies and procedures
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience of delivering support to adults from diverse backgrounds and with mixed abilities and complex needs in a supported environment; preferably in Domestic Violence Abuse (DVA) refuges or a community-based setting
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking individual assessments including risk assessments and developing and delivering support plans
- An understanding of local and national approaches to tackling domestic abuse including MARAC, child protection, social and voluntary services approaches/involvement
- Demonstrable knowledge of strategies to empower service users to address issues of DVA
Housing for Women is an independent organisation and we support women in London to challenge the inequalities they face. As a charity and a registered housing association, we are proud to have housed London’s women for 80 years; providing secure, affordable housing and related services to help them make the most of the opportunities they have.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and open to women only (exempt under the Equality Act 2010 Schedule 9, Part 1).
To apply for the role of Support Worker DVA, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Domestic Abuse Support Worker, DVA Support Worker, Community Support Worker, Refuge Support Worker, IDVA, or Independent Domestic Violence Advisor.