Support Integration Team Leader
- Job Reference: HKYRD3004/PK
- Date Posted: 22 March 2021
- Recruiter: Ashley Community Housing
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £24,000 to £28,000
- Sector: Administration Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Support Integration Team Leader
Birmingham, West Midlands
ACH is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate. Building upon our award-winning #RethinkingRefugee campaign, we aim to progress 25,000 individuals towards median-salary employment over 10 years.
We are currently looking for a Support Integration Team Leader to join our team on a full-time basis.
- Salary of £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
- Travel expenses
- Mobile phone and laptop
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Company sick pay
If you have experience of supporting vulnerable people in an accommodation-based setting, this is a great opportunity to join a social enterprise that provides life-changing services to refugees and newly arrived immigrants.
You will have the chance to oversee the success of initiatives that are helping our tenants to gain confidence, build their resilience and acquire the skills they need to work towards greater independence.
As the Support Integration Team Leader, you will oversee the delivery of resettlement support packages for refugees using our housing services.
Leading, motivating and supporting your team, you will ensure they deliver a range of support and involvement activities to a high standard, including housing, employment and skills training.
Specifically, you will:
- Help tenants to build the skills and resilience they need to gain more independence
- Ensure that all activities are delivered in line with relevant regulations
- Plan weekly rotas, referrals, interviews and outreach and resident activities
- Take part in the staff rota
- Oversee and monitor key outcomes
To join us as a Support Integration Team Leader, you will need:
- At least two years’ experience of working directly with vulnerable people in an accommodation-based setting and successfully supporting them through the process of change
- Experience of supervising and developing staff
- An understanding and experience of the needs of people with support needs and a willingness to act positively on issues that they face
- Knowledge of external bodies associated with or affiliated to supported housing
- In-depth knowledge of current housing issues and legislation, particularly pertaining to homelessness
Other organisations may call this role Refugee Resettlement Team Leader, Refugee Support Team Leader, Supported Housing Supervisor, Supported Housing Team Leader, or Supported Accommodation Supervisor.
ACH and Himilo Training are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Support Integration Team Leader, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.