Supervisor – Citizens Advice
Do you possess great leadership abilities and the skills to supervise and monitor advice work? Want to support the success of a vital service that’s making a real difference to local people? If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to take on an engaging role as a Supervisor.
Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon is a Devon-based advisory service that helps members of the public to understand, face, and deal with problems they may be experiencing.
Every year thousands of people come to us for advice and help with all manner of problems, from managing debt and household bills, to welfare and benefits.
We’re currently looking for a Supervisor to join us and oversee the delivery of our advice sessions across different channels of delivery.
- Salary of £23,460 per annum
- Employer’s pension contribution
- Generous annual leave
- Ongoing training and development
At Citizens Advice, we’re here for everyone. Our advice helps people solve problems and our advocacy helps fix problems in society. Whatever the challenge, we won’t turn people away.
In this important role, you’ll ensure that we continue to deliver excellent advice and support to local people in need, whether they need help with benefits, healthcare, family matters, housing or consumer issues.
You’ll have the chance to help shape a team who are inventive, collaborative and focused on giving people the tools they need to overcome their challenges.
What’s more, we’ll provide you with excellent training and ongoing support to ensure that you can achieve your professional goals while giving back to your community.
As a Supervisor, you’ll be responsible for managing advice sessions, ensuring there are suitable staffing and resources to meet requirements.
Supporting and supervising advice and information workers, you will monitor case records and telephone calls to ensure quality standards and SLAs are met, addressing remedial and development issues as they arise.
In this hands-on role, you will undertake advice work as well as providing technical support, creating a positive work environment and supporting new starter inductions.
Please note, this role will require providing a physical presence at our sites; however, for this role we are looking for someone who can regularly cover across North and Mid Devon, primarily the Tiverton and Barnstaple areas.
To join us as a Supervisor, you will need:
- Demonstrable understanding of the issues affecting society and their implications for clients and service provision
- Demonstrable understanding of issues involved in interviewing clients
- The proven ability to manage/supervise others, including the ability to recruit, develop and motivate staff
- The proven ability to develop individuals or groups by providing support, guidance, tutoring and/or training
- The proven ability to supervise and monitor advice work and maintain casework systems and procedures
- A good up-to-date understanding of equality and diversity and its application to the provision of advice, and the supervision and development of staff
- The proven ability to give and receive feedback objectively and sensitively and a willingness to challenge constructively
- The ability to monitor and maintain your own standards
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- The ability to prioritise your own work and the work of others, meet deadlines and manage workloads in a busy environment
- The ability to use IT systems and packages, and electronic resources in the provision of advice and the preparation of reports and submissions
- A commitment to continuous professional development
- The ability to commit to, and work within, the aims principles and policies of the Citizens Advice service
We’d like to hear from you if you’ve worked as a Caseworker, Citizens Advisor, Citizens Advice Supervisor, Welfare Advisor, Casework Supervisor, Support Worker or Support Line Supervisor.
Webrecruit and Citizens Advice Torridge, North, Mid & West Devon are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you are seeking an exciting, new challenge as a Supervisor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.