Supervising Social Worker Family Placements
- Job Reference: HKYSR0605/CC
- Date Posted: 26 March 2021
- Recruiter: Web Recruit
- Location: Aldershot
- Salary: £42,000 to £46,000
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Supervising Social Worker – Family Placements
Are you a Social Worker looking to build on your fostering background and take your next step up? Or perhaps you are a Registered Manager who is excited by the idea of shaping a brand-new service?
If so, this is a brilliant opportunity to progress your career with a growing charity.
We are Step by Step (SbS), a charity dedicated to supporting local young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. Founded in 1987, we provide accommodation, personal development opportunities and specialist support services to help young people identify and fulfil their aspirations.
We are always looking for more ways to support children and young people to give them the opportunities they deserve. As part of this, we have exciting plans to launch our own Independent Foster Agency (IFA).
We’re currently looking for a Supervising Social Worker to join us and act as the Registered Manager for this brand-new service.
- Basic salary of £42,000 - £46,000 per annum DOE
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus an 8 day Bank Holiday allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Parking permit for a local car park
- Support to gain a management qualification (which we will pay for)
- Paid breaks
- Play an important role in our charity’s ongoing evolution
This is a rare opportunity to help build an important service from the ground-up that will provide safe, stable and nurturing homes to local children and young people.
We will support you to undertake excellent training and gain the qualifications you need to become a Registered Manager. You will be working alongside a friendly team who will be able to support all your marketing, HR and finance needs for the service.
We strive for excellence in all we do, foster an honest and open environment, take ownership of our work, words and actions, and work as an exceptional team through successful collaborations and partnerships. We offer flexible working and a great work/life balance.
So, if you would like to advance your career while driving the success of a service that will transform lives, we would love to hear from you.
As a Supervising Social Worker, you will work with the Step by Step team to set up our Independent Foster Agency.
Working with a team who are passionate about empowering children and young people, you will help to translate a high-level plan to create our IFA into detailed operational plans.
Once the IFA is set up and you have qualified as a Registered Manager, you will:
- Liaise with the HR Department to recruit high calibre foster carers
- Develop and roll-out a training programme within your team
- Act as the Ofsted Registered Manager for the service
- Ensure that we are fully compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements
- Lead on any court requirements
- Make sure that Fostering Panels operate within statutory requirements and perform to the highest standards
To join us as a Supervising Social Worker, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of family placements in a fostering environment
- Experience in a supervisory role
- A degree (or equivalent) and a professional social work qualification
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent communication and management skills
- To be willing to work towards a Level 5 Ofsted-approved qualification (paid for by us) to become HCPC registered
We also welcome applications from candidates who are Registered Managers.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Social Worker, Foster Care Supervisor, Family Placement Supervisor, Registered Manager, or Fostering Supervisor.
Webrecruit and Step by Step are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Supervising Social Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 40 hours per week (including 2.5 hours of paid breaks)