Start-Up Coach Tech for Good & Entrepreneurship
- Job Reference: HKYRX1005/CC
- Date Posted: 26 March 2021
- Recruiter: Allia
- Location: London
- Salary: £30,000 to £32,000
- Sector: Marketing and Communications Assistant
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: Initial fixed term until December 2021 with extension subject to fundi
Start-Up Coach – Tech for Good & Entrepreneurship
Full time with part time hours negotiable
Initial fixed term until December 2021 with extension subject to funding
Salary: £30-32k (FTE) depending on experience
Based: Future Business Centre East London (Hackney) or alternative East London site
Reports to: Head of Enterprise Programmes
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Allia is looking for an enthusiastic candidate passionate about Tech for Good and local business. This individual will be able to help deliver a programme of outreach, ideation and development to find and support new and emerging impact entrepreneurs and ventures (ranging from SMEs to social enterprises to start-ups).
You will be part of a highly motivated, entrepreneurial team, reporting to the Head of Enterprise Programmes. You will have the chance to work at the cutting edge of social innovation and the future of impact entrepreneurship and be involved in empowering founders and early stage ventures on their journey to significant social impact. This role brings with it a high level of direct client interaction, relationship building and account management.
- 5% matched employer pension contribution
- Sickness, accident and illness insurance
- Life assurance
- Annual volunteering day to commit to a charity
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata
- Flexible working
You will assist in the development and direct delivery of Allia’s work in stimulating and supporting tech for good initiatives along with building a thriving local business ecosystem. This will include a number of responsibilities, including:
- Working as part of the Enterprise Support team to assist in the development, preparation, planning and implementation of business support programmes
- Working directly with founders & business owners in 1x1 settings to work through their business plans and challenges, as both an accountability partner and coach
- Independently connecting and building relationships within the community (Investors, Partners, and Mentors etc.) to facilitate a vibrant ecosystem
- Support marketing efforts and drive the awareness of, and demand for, the programmes
- Co-ordinate and co-deliver the Impact Accelerator and Grow Your Business programmes
- Progress tracking and reporting on individuals and supported ventures, as well as the impact and success of the outreach and various programmes
- Develop relationships with key partners in the region including FE, HE, community, low carbon and VCS sectors
The role would suit someone with an entrepreneurial mindset with significant experience in providing individuals, as well as early stage ventures, with business advice and mentoring. Knowledge of, and commitment to, social and environmental innovation, ventures and investment is a must, as is experience in delivering funded programmes with stringent reporting requirements.
- An experienced professional with experience in the impact/tech ecosystem or start-up/small business experience
- Ability to work independently and develop relationships with stakeholders across various industries and communities
- Sound knowledge of, and commitment to, social and environmental innovation, ventures and entrepreneurship
- Experience in delivering activity to stimulate enterprise, ideation and early stage venture support, whether they be start-ups or local SMEs
- Experience in recording/tracking, analysing and reporting on data
- Eligible to live and work in the UK and fluency in English
- 3 years+ experience working in industry (preferably social enterprise, start-ups, purpose driven enterprises or other ecosystem builders)
- Previous involvement in supporting the long term unemployed to start businesses
- Previous experience in a start-up or a small business environment
- Previous experience of managing an accelerator programme and using 3rd parties to deliver the curriculum
- Prior experience of delivering ERDF or EU funded programmes
- Experience of delivering business support programmes to diverse and/or migrant communities
- Established contacts with key entrepreneurial venture stakeholders (e.g. investors, supporters, mentors, academia and service providers)
We are committed to equality and diversity for our ventures, tenants, colleagues, volunteers, trustees and supporters. We value the strength that comes with difference and the positive contribution that diversity brings to the communities in which we serve. We are working to increase diversity and would particularly welcome applications from groups that are currently under-represented, including those from a BAME background.
To apply for this role, please select the apply button shown to send an up-to-date CV with a supporting covering letter highlighting your skills and experience, along with why we should consider you for the role and your salary expectations. Applications will not be considered without this information.
Early application is encouraged, as we will be interviewing strong candidates as they apply.
Previous applicants need not apply.
So, if you are excited to make a difference as a Start-Up Coach, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.