Social Media Officer
- Job Reference: MCF
- Date Posted: 11 January 2021
- Recruiter: World Animal Protection
- Location: London
- Salary: £28,000 to £30,000
- Sector: HR Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
Social Media Officer
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
Closing date: Midnight 20th January 2021
Social Media Officer– The Role
A truly exciting opportunity has arisen in our UK office for a driven Social Media Officer to join our UK Digital Team. The Social Media Officer will use their creativity, excellent copywriting and editing skills and social media knowhow to maintain and develop a voice for World Animal Protection UK on social media.
Using World Animal Protection’s extensive library of high-quality content, as well as creating and commissioning your own, you will maximise our potential to reach and inspire our social media audiences to donate and take action against animal suffering and cruelty. You will be responsible for running the World Animal Protection UK social media accounts (currently, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube), curating and editing content, and maintaining the organisation’s online brand.
You will promote our work, build engagement and recruit supporters using evidence-based reporting and analysis. Working closely with the Digital Manager, you will also develop and implement an effective strategy for our UK social channels ensuring that we grow and nurture our online communities and influencers.
Living and breathing social, you will be at the forefront of social media trends and innovations and will seek out new opportunities for us to spread our message further helping us to move the world to protect animals.
Social Media Officer – Requirements
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills and experience
- Proven experience of developing social media platforms and managing these to engage customers and website traffic
- Experience of delivering social media campaigns
- Good experience of using social media tools (such as Hootsuite), to manage platforms
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good experience of digital communications
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills
- Team player
Any knowledge of the following is desirable but not essential: HTML/CSS, Photoshop (or similar), video editing, Google Analytics, paid social media and CMS.
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Social Media Executive, Communications Officer, Media Officer, Marketing Content Officer, or Comms & Content Officer.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Social Media Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.