Senior Operations Officer (Maternity Cover)
- Job Reference: SCAFE0206/PK
- Date Posted: 22 April 2021
- Recruiter: Webrecruit
- Location: London
- Salary: £25,000 to £30,000
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Contract
Senior Operations Officer (Maternity Cover)
London, EC1 (currently home based due to COVID-19)
We’re The Mix, a charity that provides free, confidential support for young people aged under 25. We believe all young people should be able to make informed choices about their physical and mental wellbeing so that they can live the lives they choose.
Life is tough, we know that. But support doesn’t have to be. That’s why we’re here to take on the embarrassing problems, weird questions and please-don’t-make-me-say-it-out-loud thoughts that people under 25 have.
We’re now looking for a Senior Operations Officer to support the delivery of operations on a 12 month fixed term contract.
- Salary of £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexible and remote working available
- Eyecare vouchers
- Life assurance
- Weekly staff socials, plus Summer and Christmas Party
- Colleague of the month – awarded half a day extra annual leave
- Central London location
- Clinical supervision offered for front line services staff
- Coaching environment
- Learning, development and training options
This is the ideal role for an experienced admin professional with financial admin experience to advance their already established skills within the charity sector and make an impact on people’s lives.
With the overall responsibility of running The Mix office, you’ll play a key role in ensuring that we continue to deliver our services to young people across the UK as efficiently as we can.
It’s an exciting time to join the team. After a hugely successful year, we are developing our systems to deliver our strategic objectives more effectively and you will play a vital part in the delivery of this.
As the Senior Operations Officer, you will be responsible for the day to day running of The Mix office, providing administration support across the business.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, you will manage all internal and external queries, ensuring all manner of operational tasks are dealt with both effectively and efficiently.
Additionally, you will provide financial admin support, including processing invoices, managing reconciliation and chasing creditors and debtors.
Your duties will also include:
- Assisting in the development and management of all office protocols
- Providing administrative support for the annual financial audit
- Supporting HR admin for all recruitment and inductions
- Supporting health and wellbeing across the charity
To be considered as the Senior Operations Officer, you will need:
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Experience of providing financial admin support
- Experience of using Office 365 and Office systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and as an active team member
- The ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent people skills, adaptable and flexible in manner and approach
- Excellent planning, problem solving and organisational skills
We are dedicated to equal opportunities and equality within our organisation. As part of your application, we will ask you to complete an equality and diversity form. This is voluntary and will not affect your application, however, it will support our diversity policy and make our organisation stronger and more representative of our diverse society.
Experience in project management, including budget development, would be advantageous to your application, as would experience in office management. Working knowledge of PeopleHR would be beneficial, as is experience with Salesforce, or a similar database. An understanding of the charity sector, and safeguarding, confidentiality and safe working practices is desirable.
Other organisations may call this role Operations Officer, Office Manager, Secretary, Administration Officer, Senior Administrator, or Financial Administrator.
The closing date for this role is the Monday 17th May 2021 at 11:59pm.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as the Senior Operations Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.