Senior HR & People Manager
- Job Reference: ACBPW2104/CC
- Date Posted: 1 April 2021
- Recruiter: FareShare UK
- Location: London
- Salary: £45,000 to £50,000
- Sector: HR Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Senior HR & People Manager
Deptford, London (Initially home based)
Reporting to: Head of Organisational Development
Location: Remote initially, then Deptford, London
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
FareShare is the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. In 2019/2020 24,074 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres and FareShare Go nationwide, our charity network serves 933,178 people every week.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
FareShare’s Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where “No good food goes to waste”.
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
Passion – for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
Ambition – to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
Respect – for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
Collaboration – it’s only by working with others that we can be stronger
Focus – on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and achieve the most for our clients/customers.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join FareShare and lead our HR team in the next phase of its development. The team has supported FareShare through the pandemic, helping them to deliver millions of meals across the UK to the vulnerable. We are investing in our People to ready the charity for the next phase of growth, launching a new Organisational and People strategy. If you enjoy driving change and working in a fast-moving environment, this role is for you.
We’re looking for a motivated, strategic and practical individual to lead a team of 5 and work alongside a wider Organisational Development team to create an excellent employee experience for our staff in our 5 sites across the UK. You’ll work closely with the Organisational Development Manager and Internal Comms Manager to deliver projects around Wellbeing, Inclusion and Diversity, as well supporting on the continuing roll-out of our new Learning Management System. The role will be instrumental in choosing and planning the delivery of a new HR System.
You’ll have demonstrable experience of building strong working relationships and managing an HR function to success. You will also need experience of supporting organisational change with the ability to collaborate and communicate across the organisation. In return, you’ll be supported to grow and welcomed to an incredibly friendly national charity.
Main areas of responsibility
- Develop and implement 3-year People Strategy and Plan (including supporting plans to communicate and measure)
- Manage and support the HR team of 5 to deliver all aspects of an HR service
- Line manage the HR Business Partner (new role), Senior HR Adviser and Payroll & HR Advisor
- Provide expert advice to the Leadership Team and Senior Managers on people and employment matters
- Continue implementation of improved organisational performance management processes and practices, so that we can recognise and retain talent
- Oversee procurement and project management of new HR System
- Support implementation of new LMS and L&D approach
- Oversee a culture of staff engagement and leading on improvement and implementation plans
- Use information, external perspectives, and experience to contribute to continuous improvement in behaviours, ways of working, decision-making and performance management to achieve greater external impact
- Any other relevant duties and responsibilities as required
Competencies and behaviours
- CIPD Qualified (Level 7)/Membership
- Ability to provide strategic HR advice and support at an organisational level
- Significant human resource experience across an appropriately sized organisation, preferably in the not-for-profit sector
- Experience of supporting organisational change
- Experience of managing and developing an HR team
- Excellent working knowledge of current employment legislation
- Experience of managing budgets
- Alignment with FareShare’s values, mission and approach
If you would like to apply for this role, please select the apply button and add a copy of your CV and cover letter, as well as the equal opportunities form. Closing date for applications is the 21st April 2021 at 12 noon and interviews will be held the week commencing 26th April 2021.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role HR Manager, Human Resources Manager, ER Manager, Employee Relations Manager, Senior HR Manager, Head of HR, Senior Human Resources Manager, or Head of Human Resources.