Senior Grants Officer - Part Time
- Job Reference: HKYQY2104/PK
- Date Posted: 22 March 2021
- Recruiter: Free Tibet
- Location: London
- Salary: £32,000
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Senior Grants Officer - Part Time
Home Based or Office Based (Brixton, London)
If you have a strong background in grants and trusts fundraising, this is an exciting opportunity to support the success of organisations that document and expose the ongoing human rights abuse in Tibet.
About Free Tibet and Tibet Watch
We are Free Tibet, a leading human rights organisation campaigning for an end to China’s occupation of Tibet, as well as the international recognition of Tibetans’ right to freedom.
Our vision is a free Tibet in which Tibetans are able to determine their own future and the human rights of all are respected. Funded entirely by our supporters across the world, we mobilise active support for the Tibetan cause, champion human rights and challenge those who sustain the occupation.
Our research partner, Tibet Watch, works to promote the human rights of the Tibetan people through monitoring, research and advocacy. We work closely with them to securely obtain, verify and distribute information and news from inside Tibet.
We’re looking for a Senior Grants Officer to join us on a part-time basis and to support our fundraising activities.
- Salary of up to £32,000 pro rata
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata + Bank Holidays and Christmas shutdown
- Flexible working hours
- Home working options (including after COVID-19 restrictions ease)
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Training and development opportunities
As a Senior Grants Officer, you will lead on building our grant income from trusts and foundations so that our world-leading research team and campaigns have the resources they need to make a difference in Tibet.
Worldwide COVID-19, Hong Kong, and treatment of the Uyghurs has meant public and parliamentary opposition to the Chinese Communist Party has hardened, and interest in Tibet is high. You will seize this momentum and build new and long-lasting relationships with funders. The postholder will work closely with senior staff to help build our small but promising grant portfolio into a stable income stream from multiple sources. You will have strong administration skills, be organised, proactive, confident, and have a proven track record of securing multiple five-figure grants. If this sounds like a challenge you would relish, we want to hear from you.
You will focus on:
- Working with our campaigns and research teams to identify funding priorities
- Building relationships with new and existing funders
- Co-ordinating funding applications
- Ensuring that grants are managed effectively
- Making sure that reporting to funders is on point
To join us as a Senior Grants Officer, you will need:
- Substantial fundraising experience with grants and trusts
- A proven track record of achieving financial targets and budget management
- Experience of growing relationships with funders
- Monitoring and evaluation experience
- The ability to identify strengths, listen to organisational priorities and create funding priorities
- A commitment to the aims for Tibet Watch and Free Tibet
Knowledge of the situation in Tibet, including an understanding of the social, political and human rights issues would be beneficial.
Due to the mission of our organisation and the nature of our work, we encourage Tibetans, or those with lived experience of Tibet, to apply for this position. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Other organisations may call this role Grants Fundraiser, Senior Trusts Officer, Trusts & Grants Fundraiser, or Grants & Trusts Officer.
This is a part-time role, working 21 hours per week (equivalent to three days).
The closing date for applications is 10am, 21st April 2021.
Webrecruit, Tibet Watch and Free Tibet are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Grants Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.