- Job Reference: HKYSQ0605/CC
- Date Posted: 29 March 2021
- Recruiter: Step by Step (SbS)
- Location: Aldershot
- Salary: £25,211
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
We are Step by Step (SbS), a charity dedicated to supporting local young people who are going through hard times, including homelessness. Founded in 1987, we provide accommodation, personal development opportunities and specialist support services to help young people identify and fulfil their aspirations.
We are now looking for a Senior Counsellor to join us on a full-time basis.
- Basic salary of £25,211 per annum
- 25 days’ paid holiday plus an 8 day Bank Holiday allowance
- Company pension scheme
- Employee support line
- Clinical supervision
- Paid breaks
- Flexibility regarding work patterns (agreed between you and your manager)
- IT equipment and support provided
This is an incredible opportunity for a counselling professional with a background of working with children or young people to take on a leadership role, delivering outstanding services to children, young people and their families.
We strive for excellence in all we do, foster an honest and open environment, take ownership of our work, words and actions, and achieve teamwork through successful collaborations and partnerships.
As such, you’ll be able to develop superb management skills and techniques that will support your continuing development and enable you to maintain your career track making this a fantastic opportunity for both the present and the future.
As a Senior Counsellor, you will undertake a hands-on leadership position, line managing service Counsellors, ensuring clinical effectiveness and an efficient service.
Alongside managing the service and supervising Counsellors, you will work with children, young people and families (CYPF) who are experiencing hard times and emotional difficulties.
Working in partnerships with these individuals and groups, you will agree, assess and plan interventions that focus on supporting these groups and individuals to self-manage and build resilience. You will deliver time-limited, clinically appropriate, outcome-focused interventions and one-to-one counselling to children and young people.
Your role will also involve:
- Identifying young people presenting with risk and complete appropriate risk management
- Highlighting the need to involve other specialist services and professionals
- Making decisions about modes of intervention in consultation with other groups and individuals
- Maintaining your knowledge of legislation and policies relating to children and young people’s mental health services
- Completing a range of admin duties to support the smooth running of the service
- Completing reports, case studies and outcome measures
To be considered as a Senior Counsellor, you will need:
- Experience of working with children or young people
- A sound understanding of Safeguarding issues, roles and responsibilities
- A relevant professional qualification in counselling at diploma level or an equivalent mental health-related qualification
- A professional body membership and/or registration
- To be kept informed and up to date on professional practice and continue your professional development
- To be kept up to date with national and local initiatives, national guidelines and research-based practice
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS, along with satisfactory references.
Other organisations may call this role Lead Therapist, Senior Youth Counsellor, Senior Youth Psychotherapist, Service Manager, Lead Psychologist, Counselling Psychologist, or Lead Behavioural Therapist.
Webrecruit and Step by Step are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Senior Counsellor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.