Charity People is thrilled to be working with Book Aid International who are looking for their new Relationships Manager to join their talented fundraising team. You will lead and transform the charity's Major Gifts programme, bringing innovation and drive to grow income from major donors.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an amazing organisation that works in over 25 countries; sending over 1.2million books to over 130 organisations in 2019. You will develop new relationships with high net worth individuals and manage existing donor relationships. You will also be responsible for managing special events, working closely with an engaged development board.
Key responsibilities within this role will include:
* Help develop and implement Book Aid International's fundraising strategy by growing income from major donors
* Manage an existing portfolio of major donors, mid-value donors and philanthropists
* Lead on a programme of captivating and inspiring cultivation, engagement and fundraising events
* Build new relationships with potential donors through the events programme and excellent stewardship
* Complete forecasting and reports on restricted and unrestricted funding
* Successfully write cases for funding proposals
The charity would love to receive applications from individuals with the following experience:
* Successful experience of individual and major donor fundraising
* Proven track record in securing gifts and donations
* Extremely organised, have excellent attention to detail and good computer skills
* Have fantastic written and verbal communication skills
* A great understanding and interested in the issues relating to global development and education
* Working knowledge of charitable financial accounts
* Ability to travel, throughout the UK and overseas
To find out more, please contact email@example.com
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.