Regional Finance Manager
- Job Reference: HKYQI0504/PK
- Date Posted: 19 March 2021
- Recruiter: Oasis Community Learning
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £51,424 to £55,630
- Sector: Finance Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Regional Finance Manager
Oasis Community Learning (OCL) is a ground-breaking global movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
We create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and our Community Hub enables people to come together and fulfil their potential.
We are also raising the educational bar through our academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, our academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
We’re currently looking for a Regional Finance Manager to support the success of our academies in Bristol.
- Salary of £51,424 – £55,630 per annum plus expenses
- Clear progression routes
- A strong continuous professional development programme with training opportunities
- A steady and sustainable work-life balance that is often not achievable in the finance industry
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- A competitive pension scheme with defined benefits, life cover and lower tax
- 25 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays (rising to 30 days’ holiday after two years of service)
If you are a qualified finance professional with experience of managing large-scale budgets, this is an exciting opportunity to take on a diverse position offering a sense of purpose and reward.
Your expertise and guidance will enable our academies to continue changing the lives of children and shaping a positive future for their communities.
As the Regional Finance Manager, you will help provide strategic leadership to four of our Bristol academies (rising to six after the opening of two new academies in 2022).
Working as part of the Regional Leadership Team, you will:
- Ensure that the academies can achieve their objectives within a financially sustainable budget
- Provide clear direction to our Principals and Regional Directors
- Build a strong understanding of academy funding and identify ways to maximise income
- Make sure that academies effectively utilise resources
- Develop and manage transaction processing and procurement
To join us as our Regional Finance Manager, you’ll need:
- Experience of leading the preparation of financial plans for the future of the organisations and managing large-scale budgets
- Financial monitoring experience
- The ability to lead the implementation of financial strategies, systems and policies
- A professional finance or accounting qualification
Other organisations may call this role Finance Manager, Charity Finance Manager, Group Finance Manager, Accounting Manager, Academy Finance Manager, Trust Finance Manager, or Schools Trust Finance Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 5th April 2021.
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in and, as such, you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Regional Finance Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week