Project Officer London Health HE (Part Time)
- Job Reference: HKYKD0903/PK
- Date Posted: 16 February 2021
- Recruiter: London Higher
- Location: Bloomsbury
- Salary: £30,000
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Project Officer – London Health HE (Part Time)
Bloomsbury, London or Home Based
If you are organised, proactive and have experience of working with senior level stakeholders, this is a brilliant opportunity to support the success of projects that are improving healthcare and wellbeing in London.
We are London Higher, an ‘umbrella’ body representing over 40 publicly funded universities and higher education (HE) institutions in London, as well as several universities with centres in London and a small number of private providers.
We are the place where universities and higher education colleges come together to identify the opportunities and address the challenges of working in London.
We’re currently looking for a Project Officer to join us and support the day-to-day running of London Health HE.
About London Health HE
London Health HE is a division of our organisation that connects senior leaders across London to advance health and medical education, as well as student and staff wellbeing.
To help our members respond to specific challenges in health and higher education, we currently facilitate three senior leader networks: the London Healthcare Education Group (LHEG), London Medicine (LMED) and the London Health & Wellbeing Network (LHWN). LHEG connects senior leaders in nursing, midwifery and allied health education, and LMED serves a parallel purpose in medicine and dentistry. LHWN has a broader reach but a specific focus on student and staff health, including mental health and wellbeing.
- Salary of c£30,000 pro rata
- Employee assistance programme
- Home working options
- Offices in a central London location
- A friendly and informal atmosphere
- 25 days’ annual leave per annum plus Bank Holidays and Christmas and Easter shutdowns
From improving student wellbeing to meeting the demands of the NHS, the Higher Education sector is entering into what will be a transformative time. Your work will encourage conversation and collaboration and enable London’s universities and research institutes to address health-related challenges.
As a Project Officer, you will support the day-to-day activities of London Health HE.
You’ll support and co-ordinate our programme of senior-level meetings and professional events across the three networks in London Health HE: LHEG, LMED and LHWN.
Reporting to London Higher’s Head of Policy and Member Engagement, you will:
- Agree agendas and secure speakers
- Organise meetings and draft minutes
- Monitor the Higher Education and health policy landscape for any changes or emerging issues that may impact our work
- Carry out desk-based research to support our networks
To join us as a Project Officer, you’ll need:
- Experience of working with organisations and senior level stakeholders from across different sectors
- Previous experience of working with committees, forums and volunteers
- A track record of organising meetings and events
- The proven ability to manage qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience in a Higher Education environment would be beneficial to your application, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Project Co-ordinator, Programme Officer, HE Project Officer, Higher Education Project Officer, or Programme Co-ordinator.
This is a part-time role, working 14 hours per week (equivalent to two days per week). This is a fixed-term contract lasting for six months, although this is likely to extend.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Tuesday 9th March 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held on Tuesday 16th March 2021.
Webrecruit and London Higher are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Project Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.