Charity People are delighted to be teaming up with a wonderful children's charity to find them a highly motivated Project Manager to join them as soon as possible to help develop and deliver their current campaign.
You will be responsible for the project management and delivery of Hubs in Bradford, Hastings and the Black Country and other local Hubs.
Job title: Project Manager
Salary: £32,000 per year pro rata
Contract type: Fixed term until 31 August 2021
Hours: 35 hours per week
Reports to: Programme Manager
Location: This post is suitable for home and flexible working from anywhere in the country, with regular contact with the national team in London and travel to Hastings, Bradford and the Black Country once this is possible.
On our 'wish list' (and we'd love you to have all this and more if you're going to apply):
* Extensive project management experience
* Effective community engagement
* Working in, or with, the education sector or with schools/children and young people
* Working in, or with, the voluntary sector
* Relationship management, including development and management of funding relationships
* Working supportively as part of a dynamic and collaborative team in a changing environment
* Excellent stakeholder management
* Line management
* Managing a remote-working team
* Handling sensitive/confidential information
* Strategic planning and forecasting
* Knowledge of current policy and practice relating to education especially as it impacts at a local level
* Charities and stakeholder management experience including corporate funders, trusts and foundations
* Evaluation and impact in the context of multi-project programme parameters, partnership working
* Principles of effective marketing, communications and engagement
* Formal and informal learning and an understanding of the contribution of parents, carers and volunteers
* Excellent safeguarding practice
* Recruitment and management of volunteers
This role requires a team player, who can cope well with lots of internal and external communication, you will regularly be working with local partners to ensure project milestones are being met and write up reports on the progress of the campaign. You will develop and maintain project plans and budgets (funding is already in place). This role would suit someone with an interest in literacy, social justice issues and a strong commitment to equality and diversity.
Please note we are looking to move quickly with this opportunity so please apply by sending a tailored CV in Word format ASAP to avoid disappointment.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.