Programme Desk Officer – 2 Year FTC
Brentford, London (with international travel)
The Leprosy Mission (TLM) is a leading international Christian charity, active in over 40 countries, working towards the vision of Leprosy Defeated and Lives Transformed. Operating as an International Federation (Global Fellowship) of 31 member countries, the International Office provides leadership and facilitation to enable the Global Fellowship to achieve this vision.
We are currently looking for a Programme Desk Officer to join us on a two year contract and provide a high level of support to our Members across Asia and Africa.
- Salary of £20,000 - £24,000 per annum
- 10% contribution to your pension
- Health cash back plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Gym membership
- Staff events
- Daily devotion time
- Space for waiting on God
- Volunteer days
- Training and development
- Life assurance
This is a brilliant opportunity to help TLM combat Leprosy on a global scale and achieve our vision of “Leprosy Defeated, Lives Transformed”.
Working within our global organisation, you will discover teams of like-minded people seeking to make a positive change in places where help is needed the most.
If you have experience of providing strategic support and you are ready to make a difference, delivering great work, opportunities and positivity across the world, this is the role you have been waiting for.
As the Programme Desk Officer, you will provide strategic support to the Operations Team on programmes, strategy, organisation development, and institutional fundraising activities that are led by the Members of TLM Global Fellowship.
Working closely with the Programme Advisor and the Institutional Funding Co-ordinator, you will:
- Support Members across Africa and Asia
- Provide feedback to country teams on projects, programme, strategy and organisational development plans
- Manage the international fundraising database which provides Members with grants and funding opportunities
- Promote our Christian values and identity and a culture of learning across the organisation
- Participate in Operations Team and international office co-ordination meetings
- Undertake international travel (approximately 15 days a year)
To join us as a Programme Desk Officer, you will need:
- Experience of supporting the production of policies and procedures, strategic planning and its implementation, programmes/projects, funding proposals, reviews and reports
- Previous experience in programme, fundraising or grant writing
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent in development studies or a related field
- An interest in a key current theme for TLM e.g. neglected tropical disease, disability inclusion, institutional fundraising, safeguarding, integral mission, operational research, advocacy, water and sanitation, stigma and discrimination, or community development
Experience of working in or with an international NGO would be beneficial, as would field experience in developing countries in the Asia and/or Africa regions. A Master’s degree in International Development or similar would also be an advantage, as would French or Portuguese language skills.
TLM is an explicitly Christian organisation. This role will involve promoting the Mission’s purpose and ethos. The post holder will work embedding TLM Christian values through a culture of learning across the organisation supporting the team to create the space to reinforce the spiritual identity of the organisation. One of the core competencies of this post is spiritual maturity, therefore the post holder is required to commit to the Christian values and vision of the Leprosy Mission International. Along with the team the post holder will take part in weekly meetings dedicated to prayer for the Members and will contribute to devotional messages. There is, therefore, an occupational requirement that the post holder is a practising Christian committed to the objectives and values of The Leprosy Mission who is able to work in an interdenominational environment.
Closing date: 31st January 2021
First round interviews for this role will take place from the second half of February 2021.
To apply for the role of Programme Desk Officer, please go to the TLM website through the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role International Programme Co-ordinator, Programme Co-ordinator, Development Programme Officer, International Development Project Officer, Programme Delivery Co-ordinator, or International Project Co-ordinator.
Working hours: 35 hours per week (generally 9am – 5pm on weekdays, but can include evenings and weekends)