Pride in Ageing Officer (Events and Services)
- Job Reference: HKYBP0202/PK
- Date Posted: 8 January 2021
- Recruiter: LGBT Foundation
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £18,571
- Sector: Fundraising - Events
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: Fixed Term for 15 months
Pride in Ageing Officer (Events and Services)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Can you deliver engaging workshops and events? Are you passionate about delivering innovative services and support for the over 50s? Do you like talking to people from different backgrounds? Do you want to help make the world a better place for LGBT people?
LGBT Foundation is looking for a Pride in Ageing Officer who will assist the Pride in Ageing Manager with the running of our programme of work for over 50s. You will help to deliver our “Come Out with Us” programme of events for LGBT over 50s in Greater Manchester, support the intake process to services run by the programme (such as Rainbow Brew Buddies) and assist in the co-ordination of the Pride in Ageing Advisory Group, a group of community members who come together once a month to co-produce programme activity and direction.
This role will ideally suit someone with lived experience as you will also help to maintain our relationships with wider community groups and organisations who are already working with over 50s in the region and work with LGBT Foundation’s Communications Team and local services to help our events programme find the widest possible audience. You will ensure the experiences and satisfaction of people who access our programme of events and services are captured to ensure we learn more about how to best involve and support our communities into the future.
We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), trans and/or older (50+) as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
* Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity is different in some way from the gender they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and all those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
We are open to flexible home working if you are using gender identity services and therefore have regular appointments.
Job Title: Pride in Ageing Officer (Events and Services)
Salary: £18,571 per annum (+10% pension)
Hours: 37 per week
Special Terms: Fixed term for 15 months
Includes some evening and weekend working patterns
Accountable to: Pride in Ageing Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the design and running of a programme of events specifically for LGBT over 50s (either remotely delivered or in person depending on government restrictions and advice in 2021)
- Support with the intake process to services run by Pride in Ageing, such as Rainbow Brew Buddies. This includes completion of assessment with new service users, matching service users with volunteers and monitoring their progress within the service
- Help to maintain our relationships with community groups and organisations working with and led by over 50s
- Supporting with research to better understand the needs of LGBT over 50s
- Capture and input data and learning from running of events programme and services for use in monitoring reports
- Undertake administrative tasks to support the Pride in Ageing programme and Pride in Ageing Advisory Group, including arranging meetings and writing newsletters
Please contact us for an informal chat about this post. We understand that working for an LGBT organisation could impact on your identity, community and/or culture.
Closing date: 9am on Monday, 25th January 2021
Interviews: Tuesday, 2nd February 2021
Benefits of working for LGBT Foundation
- Generous leave allowance (25 days' annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Sector-leading 10% employers’ contributory pension
- Your birthday as a day’s leave
- Staff counselling scheme
- Cycle to Work / Technology Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Office ‘buddy’ scheme for all new starters
- Free annual flu jab
- Free VDU eye care test
- Staff social budget
- Dedicated training budget for each member of staff and support with Personal Development Plans
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance (including time off in lieu and flexi-time)
- Relaxed dress code
To download a recruitment pack and receive a copy of the full job description, please visit our website.
LGBT Foundation is part of the Disability Confident Scheme and is an Investors in People accredited organisation.
Appointment will be based on merit alone.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.