PR and Events Officer
- Job Reference: HKYLF0104/CC
- Date Posted: 18 February 2021
- Recruiter: Marine Conservation Society
- Location: London
- Salary: £23,500 to £27,500
- Sector: Membership Officer
- Job Type: Contract
PR and Events Officer
£23,500 - £27,500 pro rata (weighting may apply)
Fixed-term contract for a project expected to require 8 months' work
Talk to us about flexible hours (minimum 28 hours per week)
Work from home during the pandemic - flexibility to work from our offices in London
We're looking for you to join our communications team as a PR and Events Officer where you'll make a splash(!) when we re-launch our new-look Good Fish Guide later this year. If you’ve got great digital skills, love food and are passionate about sustainability, then this could be the perfect job for you.
At the Marine Conservation Society, we’re at the heart of the movement to save our seas as the UK's leading marine charity. From getting people to the beach to take part in litter picks, to campaigning for better protection for our seas and encouraging people to make sustainable seafood choices, we’re advocates for our ocean and the communities and animals which rely upon them.
You’ll pull together and roll out a series of events to engage key stakeholders and build awareness of the Good Fish Guide to chefs, journalists, business owners and influencers. You’ll be speaking with a wide variety of individuals who can use the Good Fish Guide in all manner of ways. Alongside working on shaping a series of engaging events, you’ll work closely with the communications team and Media Relations Manager to create content to promote the Good Fish Guide far and wide.
What you’ll need
- Experience in planning and executing events both online and in-person, with the flexibility and resourcefulness to think on your feet and adapt to the ever-changing landscape we find ourselves in.
- You’ll be a competent writer for a variety of different outputs including press releases, social media posts, blog content and more.
- The drive to grow our contacts in the food and sustainability sectors, and confident to reach out to influencers, and able to engage and manage those relationships.
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary communications team would be helpful, though not required – we’re looking for you to be able to wear multiple hats at once and adapt content to best suit different outputs and platforms.
Got what it takes?
- An adaptable and positive outlook, you’re someone who seeks to solve problems positively.
- Comfortable working at a fast pace, effectively managing your workload.
- A desire to be part of an organisation with ambitious aims to make real change for our seas.
- Happy to travel (when possible) to events.
We are looking for people who demonstrate our values, but who also contribute their own perspectives and experiences to add to our knowledge and our culture.
You can select the apply button shown to download the Information Pack for lots more detail on the job description, information about working at MCS and how to apply. If you need support in order to make an application to us, please let us know – we want to provide you with the opportunity to be able to showcase your skills.
Include a cover letter with your CV which tells us why you would like to work with us, and how you meet the role and person specification. We value this element of the application, so make sure you include it.
Please make sure it’s in an editable format – so no PDF or Pages formats - and it would be helpful if leave out any personal information in either document as we need to remove it for shortlisting.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role PR Officer, Events Co-ordinator, Events Officer, Public Relations Executive, Public Relations Officer, or Events Executive.