Policy & Public Affairs Manager
- Job Reference: HKYJQ0103/CC
- Date Posted: 12 February 2021
- Recruiter: Locality
- Location: London
- Salary: £45,250
- Sector: Marketing and Communications Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Policy & Public Affairs Manager
Based in our London office, with agile working arrangements (currently working from home)
Build a fairer society……unlock your potential with Locality.
Though we live in challenging times, at Locality we believe we have a huge source of hope at our disposal: the power of community. There is a vast reservoir of ideas, innovation, knowledge and commitment that lives in our neighbourhoods.
We have recently set out a new Theory of Change, which outlines why we think community power has the answers to our biggest policy problems. We’ve also developed a revised influencing strategy to put community organisations at the forefront of national and local policymaking.
We are looking for an exceptional Policy and Public Affairs Manager to drive this influencing strategy forward and manage the delivery of our policy programme.
- Salary of £45,250 per annum
- 25 days’ holiday
- Enhanced pension contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
If you have a strong background in managing and leading successful policy and influencing work, this is a great opportunity to make a real impact and spread the power of community across the country.
You will have the chance to create a more supportive policy environment for community organisations, which will enable them to achieve real change on the ground in the areas where it’s most needed.
As the Policy & Public Affairs Manager, you will oversee the delivery of our policy work and drive our influencing strategy forward.
Working closely with Locality members, you will build our evidence base and reputation as a thought leader, develop new relationships at a local and national level and project manage our major influencing campaigns, such as Keep it Local.
Some of your duties will include:
- Working with our Director of Policy and Engagement and Chief Executive to shape our strategic policy priorities
- Ensuring our policy work remains member-led
- Developing new funding proposals and identifying opportunities for policy work and research that supports our goals
- Representing Locality externally at events and member meetings
- Line managing the Policy Officer
To join us as a Policy & Public Affairs Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience in managing and leading successful policy and influencing work, with the ability to build political relationships to support our strategies and government and parliamentary lobbying
- A clear and sophisticated understanding of the national and local policy context and the opportunities for community organisations
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to understand complex issues and communicate them effectively, orally and in writing
- To be highly organised with excellent project management skills
- The ability to model our values – ambitious, respectful and fearless, as well as our principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in the way you work and the work you do
Other organisations may call this role Policy Manager, Policy Campaign Manager, Public Affairs Manager, Policy Programme Manager, Policy and Advocacy Programme Manager, or Policy and Campaign Manager.
The closing date for applications is 10am on the 1st March 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held remotely on the 31st March 2021.
We expect the role to be full time, however, in line with our flexible working policies, if you would like to suggest alternative arrangements, just let us know.
The sector in which Locality works is often dominated by people from white privileged backgrounds. We are looking for people that bring a different perspective so that we better reflect the communities we serve. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our organisation and sector, such as disabled people and people from Black, Asian and minoritized ethnic communities.
We have recently been awarded an Investors in People Gold accreditation, which reflects the results of our own survey where all staff felt that Locality was a great employer. Here, you will be supported to pursue your ambitions while helping communities across the nation to achieve theirs.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Policy & Public Affairs Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.