Policy and Information Officer
- Job Reference: 02/2021PIO
- Date Posted: 8 February 2021
- Recruiter: Institute of Fundraising
- Location: London
- Salary: £27,000
- Sector: Membership Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
Policy and Information Officer
Responsible to: Head of Policy and External Affairs
Salary: £27,000 (FTE) per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week Monday to Friday, occasional additional hours as required, reclaimed as time off in lieu of payment
Location: Currently working from home. Central London office (or regular travel to London)
Benefits: 25 days’ holiday per annum
We are looking for a confident and independent Policy and Information Officer who can understand and champion fundraising in public policy work and support our members in achieving excellence in their fundraising practice. The ideal candidate is aware of and understands the issues affecting the charitable sector and can work across a number of different projects at the same time, producing high-quality content and contributing to research projects. They will have a desire and ability to use their skills and knowledge to influence public policy discussions and regulatory standards on behalf of fundraisers across the UK.
Our values underpin all areas of our work and guide us in all we do:
- Passionate: taking pride in what we do and driven by success
- Professional: championing and achieving high standards and governed by professional integrity
- Enabling: helping others and empowered to take ownership, find solutions, make decisions and collaborate
- Enterprising: open to new solutions and committed to delivering where we already excel
- Respectful: honest and fair, treating everyone with consideration and respect
About the Chartered Institute of Fundraising
The Chartered Institute of Fundraising is the professional membership body for fundraisers in the UK. Currently, the Chartered Institute supports and provides services for 6,000 individual members and nearly 600 organisational members. Members and non-members access training, qualifications, conferences and events, policy and guidance. The Chartered Institute is also the home of the Remember a Charity campaign and public fundraising Compliance team (formerly PFRA). The Chartered Institute facilitates more than 30 volunteer-led regional and special interest groups which organise local networks, events, conferences.
We welcome applications from across the sector and those from other sectors. You will have proven:
- Experience of developing a range of policy positions and content (including briefings, reports, responses to consultations)
- Ability to look at new and different information, data, evidence, legislation, to produce informed and evidence-led and informed positions
- Ability to write and communicate with a wide range of audiences, including formal submissions, blogs, articles
The Chartered Institute is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where we can all be our ourselves and succeed on merit. We particularly welcome applications from those who are significantly underrepresented in our sector, such as disabled people and individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic communities.
How to apply
Please select the apply button and complete all application questions. This will be redacted; the panel will not see any identifying information.
Your application will not be considered if you submit a CV and supporting statement.
Closing date: Monday, 22nd February 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by Friday, 5th March 2021
Interviews and tests: w/c 8th March 2021
Second interviews (if needed): w/c 15th March 2021
Please note that the interviews will take place via Zoom.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Policy Officer, Fundraising Policy Officer, Policy Development Officer, Fundraising Support Officer, or Public Affairs Officer.