Vauxhall, Central London
Established and mainly funded by the UK Government, Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT) is a charity that promotes and supports Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK.
Holocaust Memorial Day (27 January) is the day for everyone to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur. It is a time when we seek to learn the lessons of the past and recognise that genocide does not just take place on its own - it’s a steady process which can begin if discrimination, racism and hatred are not checked and prevented.
HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more as a result.
Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.
We are currently looking for an Operations Officer to join us on a full-time basis at our offices in Vauxhall.
- Salary of £27,449 per annum
- 25 days' holiday (increasing with length of service, up to a maximum of 30 days’) plus Bank Holidays
- Eligible to join Workplace pension scheme after three months
- Ensure we can continue our important charitable work
If you are a back office support professional with a decent grasp of financial systems, this is the ideal role in which to advance your career whilst playing a key support role in our charitable organisation.
You will ensure that we run effectively and efficiently and can continue our vital work, making sure lessons from the past are learnt for a better future.
What’s more, you’ll find that we are inclusive, supportive and offer strong rewards within an environment where everyone plays a real part in supporting people across the UK to create a better future.
As an Operations Officer, you will be responsible for providing a range of administrative, operational and finance support to our organisation.
Working as part of the Operations Team, you will report to the Head of Finance & Operations and will act as one of the primary points of contact for HDMT whilst supporting smooth operations.
Managing all aspects of office management, administration and support, you will be involved in IT support including Office 365 administration, telecommunications and equipment. You will provide support for incoming queries and will assist with the management of the purchase ledger and fundraising activities.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Acting as the main administrator for our SalesForce CRM system
- Providing admin support including data capture and entry, resource ordering and mass mailing
- Supporting the Events Officer with the management of the UK Ceremony and other events
- Assisting with finance administrative duties
- Setting and inducting new team members and assisting with recruitment
To be considered as an Operations Officer, you will need:
- Experience of providing back office support
- Experience of bookkeeping and finance systems
- Advanced IT skills with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and databases)
- To be an advanced user of CRM (Salesforce)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Strong attention to detail and written and verbal communication skills
- A strong understanding of sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work sensitively with stakeholders, independently and as part of a team
- An interest in and commitment to the values of HMDT
- An understanding of, and commitment to, diversity and inclusion
Other organisations may call this role Office Assistant, Administrator, Administration Assistant, Finance Administrator, Accounts Administrator, or Accounts Assistant.
The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 24th May 2021.
Please note, we anonymise all recruitment applications, therefore please ensure that your covering letter and CV do not contain your name, gender, ethnicity or religious background. If included, they will be removed prior to shortlisting.
Webrecruit and Holocaust Memorial Day Trust are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Operations Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.