Operations Manager Merseyside
- Job Reference: HKYLW0303/CC
- Date Posted: 22 February 2021
- Recruiter: FareShare UK
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £26,000
- Sector: Administration Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Operations Manager – Merseyside
Do you have great leadership skills and a background in warehouse operations or the FMCG industry? Want to take on an engaging role where you’ll be helping to feed vulnerable families and combat food waste? If so, we want to hear from you.
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
We operate 21 regional centres around the UK – the majority of these are run by local charitable organisations (we call them delivery partners). This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation while keeping local concerns at the heart of our actions.
We are currently looking for an Operations Manager to join our team and oversee our warehouse operations in Merseyside.
- Salary of £26,000 per annum
- Travelcard loans (if required)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Help to feed families in need and make sure that no good food goes to waste
- Support the smooth running of an established charity
This is a fantastic opportunity to do some real good with your career and deliver an amazing service that provides quality food to those most in need.
Within a fast-paced and engaging environment, you will have the chance to build on your existing expertise while supporting the delivery of our strategy and operations in Merseyside.
As the Operations Manager, you will oversee our warehouse operations in Merseyside.
In this key role, you’ll take ownership of Health & Safety, food safety, people and logistics, ensuring that the site meets agreed KPIs and business plans. You will ensure that our warehouse is set up for success and has the correct resources, skills, equipment and ways of working to adhere to company, government and industry standards.
Your duties will include:
- Leading and motivating the Warehouse Manager, as well as staff and volunteers
- Ensuring that we have the appropriate logistics and resource schedules in place
- Having operational oversight and control of food volumes, audits, risk assessments, waste management, warehouse processes and systems
- Assisting our Regional Development Manager with the strategic planning and delivery of the service
- Developing and delivering projects to support our strategy
- Supporting the management of the budget for the site
To join us as the Operations Manager, you will need:
- Previous experience of working in warehouse operations and/or the FMCG industry
- Experience of project management and strategic planning
- People management experience
- Knowledge of H&S in the workplace
- The ability to think on your feet in a fast-moving environment
- A team player mentality
Other organisations may call this role Warehouse Operations Manager, Site Operations Manager, Warehouse Manager, Logistics Manager, or Warehouse & Distribution Manager.
This is a full-time role, working 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
The closing date for applications is the 3rd March 2021. Interviews are scheduled to be held on the week commencing the 8th March 2021.
Webrecruit and FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as our Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.