Hours: 30+ hours a week (12 hour shifts on a rota of 4 on 4 off)
We are looking to employ an individual who is motivated, empathetic, keeps calm under pressure, can work on their own initiative but also as a team player with effective communication and active listening skills, whom can work across a defined geographical area assisting in the delivery of a high-quality support & housing service to our clients. The post of Night Intensive Housing Officer, involves working through the night, to maintain the wellbeing of customers, minimise disruptions in or around the building, to record and report necessary information to other individuals within the team, and to work in collaboration with other agencies that work with us.
You will work on a 8pm – 8am four on four off rota, to assist with customer enquiries, monitor and maintain the welfare of others, risk management, safeguarding individuals and completing a variety of housing related tasks and ensure that all properties within a geographical patch are secure at all times.
· To provide effective support to the clients of our supported housing service.
· To assist with customer queries and issues and to resolve these effectively.
· To complete relevant administration tasks, when required, to facilitate the delivery of the supported housing scheme.
- Provide proactive customer services support to all service users of Exeter City Community Trust Housing.
- Adhere to the working practices and procedures.
- Deal effectively with any immediate issues such as security issues, fire alarms, or clients’ needs.
- Contact relevant agencies / persons is there is a concern about a client’s welfare or safety.
- Operation of the Security Controls including, monitoring CCTV, alarms and access control systems.
- Escalate all Emergency repairs and maintenance calls.
- Ensure any vacant rooms and all communal areas and the premises as a whole are in acceptable condition.
- Develop and strengthen local partnerships and fostering positive relationships with key local contacts including neighbours.
- Support and assist Housing Officers by taking statements and preparing evidence to support appropriate interventions.
- To consistently meet and exceed performance targets and to keep full, accurate and timely records.
- To assist in a range of duties associated with tackling tenancy breaches effectively in line with policy and procedure and in line with wider community safety and crime reduction priorities.
- Ensure that all serious concerns are reported to a team leader / manager, and / or the Police as appropriate.
- Ensure that safeguarding’s, incidents, accidents and near misses are reported and responded to appropriately.
- Complete accident, incident and client file logs, and ensure that there is a written record of anything of significance throughout the night.
- Provide reports and data as required by team leaders or managers.
- Ensure that health and safety and security checks are completed on a regular basis; escalating any concerns as appropriate.
- Participate in team meetings as required.
Key Relationships – Internal
· Supported Housing Operations Manager
· Supported Housing Department
· Wider ECCT Departments
Key Relationships – External
· The post holder will work closely with a range of new and existing external agencies and partners.
Responsibilities of all Exeter CITY Community Trust Staff
· Commit to the mission and vision of Exeter CITY Community Trust, putting them at the forefront of all work and decisions.
· Identify and undertake ongoing personal development relevant to the role.
· Act as an ambassador for the charity and its good work at all times.
To be considered for the role of Supported Housing Officer you will:
· Tenancy management experience
· Security experience
· Be able to work in partnership to safeguard all that use our service.
· Hold a full driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
· Experience of managing anti-social behaviour.
· Experience of working with diverse communities.
· Have an Enhanced DBS
Parking, workplace pension scheme, 28 days holiday per year (including bank holidays) access to a variety of offers throughout the year through the community trust’s on-going activities. Access to courses for personal development.
Exeter City Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.