NHS Rainbow Badge Project Manager
- Job Reference: HKYIE1802/PK
- Date Posted: 5 February 2021
- Recruiter: LGBT Foundation
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £30,212
- Sector: Membership Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
NHS Rainbow Badge Project Manager
We are looking for a Project Manager to oversee the development of the NHS Rainbow Badge awards scheme. If you are passionate about LGBT inclusion, a confident trainer/facilitator and have experience in managing projects, we’d love to hear from you.
The post holder will work collaboratively with Stonewall, Switchboard, LGBT+ Consortium, and GLADD (The Association of LGBTQ+ Doctors and Dentists), bringing together the best of the existing LGBT accreditation and quality assurance schemes that strengthen service providers’ relationships with their lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans* (LGBT) patients within their local communities.
You will be part of a team of enthusiastic and dedicated account managers who work with primary care providers and organisations nationally to ensure delivery of Pride in Practice.
- Project manage the NHS Rainbow Badge project.
- Be lead contact between LGBT Foundation, NHS England, Stonewall, Switchboard, LGBT+ Consortium and GLADD.
- Collect and monitor data to evaluate the impact and potential of the project.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with partners.
- Provide a professional account management service to NHS organisations.
- Deliver presentations and training sessions to clinicians, commissioners, and wider stakeholders.
- Inspire organisations to reflect on their service delivery and implement our best practice model for inclusive service delivery to LGBT people.
We particularly welcome applicants who are Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), trans and those who are over 50, as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
*Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity is different in some way from the gender they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, people who cross dress, and all those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
We are open to flexible working if you are using gender identity services and therefore have regular appointments.
Job Title: NHS Rainbow Badge Project Manager
Hours: 37 per week
Special Terms: Fixed term until September 30th 2021 (continuation subject to funding)
Accountable to: Assistant Director of Inclusion
Your responsibilities will include:
Research and development of the NHS Rainbow Badge model
- Undertake scoping research, including the findings of the parallel LGBT Education & Training project.
- Deliver online focus groups bringing together LGBT communities and key stakeholders.
- Monitor and evaluate the project.
- Hold an end of project learning event to share insights with key stakeholders.
Work collaboratively to develop the NHS Rainbow Badge awards scheme in line with the proposed Bronze/Silver/Gold tiered model
- Combine the best of the following LGBT inclusion programmes to further develop NHS Rainbow Badge:
- LGBT Foundation’s Pride in Practice programme
- Stonewall’s Diversity Champions
- Switchboard’s Health Inclusion Project
- Establish and facilitate the NHS Rainbow Badge Steering Group
Pilot the NHS Rainbow Badge Programme with NHS organisations
- Identify four NHS organisations to trial the new model.
- Deliver training to NHS staff from each pilot organisation, inspiring them to become LGBT inclusive.
- Provide account management for participating NHS organisations.
Build capacity and confidence within NHS Communications teams
- Advise and support NHS Communications teams on effective public comms to promote and celebrate the project.
- Support management of the NHS Rainbow Badge Twitter account and Rainbow Badge website and employing the existing comms expertise of the partner organisations and other key stakeholders.
- Work with the NHS design team to incorporate the progressive LGBT flag into a new design to better represent our communities and make a distinction between the Rainbow Badge project and the rainbow used by many during COVID-19.
Please contact us for an informal chat about this post. We understand that working for an LGBT organisation could impact on your identity, community and/or culture.
Closing date: 9am on Thursday, 18th February 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 23rd February 2021
Benefits of working for LGBT Foundation
- Generous leave allowance (25 days' annual leave (rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Sector leading 10% employers’ contributory pension
- Your birthday as a day’s leave
- Staff counselling scheme
- Cycle to Work / Technology Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Office ‘buddy’ scheme for all new starters
- Free annual flu jab
- Free VDU eye care test
- Staff social budget
- Dedicated training budget for each member of staff and support with Personal Development Plans
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance (including time off in lieu and flexi-time)
- Relaxed dress code
LGBT Foundation is part of the Disability Confident Scheme and is an Investors in People accredited organisation.
Appointment will be based on merit alone.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.