Multi-Trade Repairs Operative (Immediate start)
- Job Reference: ACBMW1604/SG
- Date Posted: 18 March 2021
- Recruiter: C&C Housing
- Location: London
- Salary: £34,000
- Sector: Advocacy
- Job Type: Permanent
Multi-Trade Repairs Operative / Carpenter / Plumber / General Builder / Handy Person (Immediate start)
Location: Various C&C sites including London Waterloo
Salary: £34,000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent, Fulltime
C&C is a forward-thinking and innovative charitable provider of Housing, Care, and bespoke services exclusively for people over 55 in London. We manage c.2000 properties in prime locations across London and provide quality services to general needs tenants. We have 90 years’ experience of retirement home design and living.
We are looking to recruit a Multi Trade Operative Carpenter / Plumber / General Builder / Handy Person to join our Maintenance & Repairs Team – C&C Direct.
C&C Direct was set up in April 2018 as an in-house Repairs Team providing day to day repairs to C&C properties. We have a close-knit team of experts delivering excellent repairs services to our residents.
Your role will involve carrying out day to day repairs, carpentry works and plumbing, as well as painting and decorating.
Your role will also cover remedial works to fire doors, therefore, experience and the skill to carry out this type of work is essential.
Vehicle, fuel card, uniform and power tools are provided along with the opportunity to be part of a close-knit team delivering on our promises to residents.
To succeed, you will need:
- City & Guilds or up to NVQ Level 3 in at least one trade (painting & decorating, plumbing or carpentry) and competency in other maintenance related repair work
- Full clean manual driving licence
- CSCS card
- Skilled repairs operative with demonstrable experience of working in a social housing environment
- Work safely and in compliance with health and safety requirements
- Knowledge of NHF schedule of rates codes as a way of accurately pricing work
- Ability to complete paperwork / PDA data entry accurately and to a high standard
- Sound knowledge of performance management and how this contributes to business success
- A strong commitment to providing a high-quality service
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Undertake tasks without supervision and able to work individually and in a team
- Can communicate effectively with residents and other stakeholders
- Ability to develop own skills and learn new ones
C&C is passionate about fostering diversity, inclusion and gender balance across the organisation and we always welcome applicants from diverse and BAME backgrounds.
Do you feel this is the right position for you? Apply as soon as possible with your most up to date CV.
Please note that we consider applications as soon as we receive them, interviews will be held as soon as possible, and we will make an offer immediately when we find the successful candidate. Apply without delay.
Other organisations may call this role Maintenance Technician, Maintenance & Repair Technician, Plumber, Carpenter, Maintenance Operative, or Building Maintenance Technician.