Merseyside Operations Manager
- Job Reference: TCSOP2004/CC
- Date Posted: 8 April 2021
- Recruiter: FareShare UK
- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £26,000
- Sector: Administration Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Merseyside Operations Manager
Contract: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Speke, Liverpool
Salary: c£26,000 DOE
The Operations Manager operates as a supply chain expert with an understanding of managing complex operations run by both staff and volunteers. The successful candidate will manage a warehouse team and take responsibility for an existing site, looking after everything from goods in, storage, packaging through to final distribution, within an FMCG Food environment. They will also support in the strategic growth of this exciting, fast moving business.
A leading Charity FMCG organisation, who have demonstrated organic growth since inception are now looking to take their offering to new levels. They are one of the fastest growing charity brands in the UK. Over the past year 24,074 tonnes of food were redistributed by FareShare Regional Centres and FareShare Go nationwide, our charity network serves 933,578 people every week.
- Oversee the warehouse operations for an existing site.
- Ensure the Warehouse is set up for success with the correct resource, skills, equipment and ways of working that conform to the organisations, government and industry standards.
- Support in the management of the budget for site and lead your teams to deliver against the plan whilst regularly reporting performance back to the Regional Development Manager and the executive team.
- Managing a team of staff and volunteers to ensure delivery of operational targets to meet agreed KPIs, Service Level Agreements and within approved budgets.
- Liaising with FareShare’s central support teams on human resources, operational, compliance, finance and food teams.
- Working with bespoke technology systems, such the warehouse management system and customer relations management system, and support teams to maximise visibility of the warehouse and logistics operations performance across the business.
- Support the Regional Development Manager with the strategic planning and delivery of the service
- Regular communication with the FareShare service users to ensure service excellence.
The Successful Applicant
You will be used to working in a fast paced ever changing environment and be able to clearly demonstrate strong leadership and influencing skills as our business goes through a period of rapid expansion and change.
- Experience of leading successful warehouse projects.
- You will have previously led a warehouse and logistics team in a fast paced high growth environments.
- A background in FMCG/Food - short shelf life.
- Inbound warehousing.
- Complex distribution and network communications
- Proven experience in partnering with and managing relationships.
- IOSH H&S qualification desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast paced high growth business.
- An incredible thirst for change, collaboration and innovation.
- An entrepreneurial approach to solving logistics and operational challenges.
- An ability to adapt and drive organisational change.
- Good financial and people management experience and knowledge.
- FMCG / Food - short shelf life.
- Knowledge of serving an internal customer ideally production and distribution facility.
- E-commerce / Fulfilment experience.
- Inventory and financial management experience.
- Driving license and access to a vehicle.
To register your interest in this role and see a full job description, please click the apply button and submit your CV and Cover Letter to be considered for the position.
Closing Date: 20th April 2021.
Interview Date: Interview details to be confirmed
Start Date: ASAP
Webrecruit and FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an Operations Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.