LOVEmyBEACH Coordinator, Morecambe Bay & Cumbria
- Job Reference: 00000211-1
- Date Posted: 22 July 2020
- Recruiter: Morecambe Bay Partnership
- Location: Kendal, Cumbria
- Salary: £21,500 to £24,500
- Sector: Marketing and Communications Officer, Education - Development Officer
- Job Type: Temporary
- Duration: 6 months with possibility of extension
Do you love our coastline? Hate ocean plastics? Are you passionate about protecting the environment? Do you want to see thriving, healthy communities and wildlife around our shores?
We are looking for a LOVEmyBEACH Coordinator who can inspire people to understand their environmental impact and encourage behaviour change.
If you have a good understanding of environmental issues, love talking with people, have great communication skills, a creative flair and strong digital literacy, this could be for you.
The role is incredibly varied. It requires good organisation and project management skills, an enthusiasm for community interaction and a willingness to get stuck in. You will be committed to working with a whole range of volunteers and be excited by creative campaigns and new approaches to make a real difference and maintain Morecambe Bay Partnership’s excellent track record in caring for beaches and bathing waters.
We are looking for recent experience of:
- coordinating environmental or community focused campaigns
- project organisation and delivery
- communications, social media and publicity
- partnership working
- working with volunteers
- have knowledge of coastal environmental challenges
- be confident at delivering community campaigns and publicity strategies
- be enthusiastic about supporting volunteers and working with community groups
- be a digital champion
- take an active role in supporting new opportunities and securing funding for future
- be self-motivated, well organised and a great communicator
- be a passionate advocate for best environmental practice around the coastline of Morecambe Bay and Cumbria
You’ll have the opportunity to be out and about around the stunning coastline of our region, from Morecambe in Lancashire to Allonby in Cumbria and reaching inland to Lake Windermere.
This is a fantastic opportunity to deliver positive environmental action, working with and supporting the community, to make a real difference to the beaches and bathing waters of Morecambe Bay and Cumbria.
Find out more: https://www.morecambebay.org.uk/lovemybeach-coordinator-morecambe-bay-cumbria
We are happy to consider job share and secondments.