Salary £31,000 (FTE) Pro rata for part time
Home based, with occasional meetings in our Bournemouth office, or office based.
With over 30 years’ experience, British Liver Trust is the leading liver charity for adults in the UK. The Trust works to transform liver health through increased awareness, prevention, improved care and support.
- Do you want to be a part of a dynamic and innovative nurse-led team?
- Do you want flexible hours, no nights or shift work?
- Do you want an excellent pension scheme?
- Do you want to be part of an organisation that impacts liver health nationally?
- Are you considering a move out of the NHS but have reservations?
- Contact Rebecca, our nurse manager at firstname.lastname@example.org for an informal chat
The Trust has an exciting opportunity (flexible hours up to 37.5 per week) to join our dynamic Nurse led support service team. We provide a range of information and support to anyone affected by liver disease. The successful candidate will have at least three years’ experience in hepatology, gastroenterology/liver related nursing, with a good knowledge of liver disease and its treatments, must be a registered Nurse with the NMC and have an up to date nursing PIN.
The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a team that provides a service from 10.00am to 6.00pm on some weekdays (until 3.30pm on others, and not need to cover all hours), on a rota basis, and will either be able to work from home (all equipment provided) or from our Bournemouth office.
Primarily the postholder will:
- Provide a range of information and support in a variety of formats to anyone affected by liver disease, including families and carers, in a customised, sensitive and appropriate manner via the nurse – led helpline and email service.
- Moderate our online liver health community forum and provide input when required.
In addition, the post holder will:
- Work with other team members to provide information on liver disease to the general public and health care professionals.
- Attend Support Groups, Information Days and support our ‘Love your Liver’ awareness events, including fibroscanning (training provided if required).
- Keep abreast of research and clinical developments, trends, current opinions, guidelines and other initiatives in the field of liver health and related conditions.
- Represent the British Liver Trust at sector events
We are an equal opportunities employer and would be particularly pleased to hear from candidates from minority group backgrounds.
Please apply by emailing the following to: email@example.com
A CV and covering letter addressed to Rebecca West, Liver Nurse Information Manager, explaining how your experience, skills and knowledge make you suitable for this role, with particular relevance to the Job Description.