Learning Coach (Contract)
Birmingham, West Midlands
ACH is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate.
We are now looking for a Learning Coach to join us for a 3-month contract which has the potential to become a permanent role.
- Salary of £20,000 - £24,000 pro rata
- Paid company sick leave
- Company pension after probation period
- Claimable expenses for any work-related travel
If you are an assessor with digital marketing, programming or cyber security experience, this is an amazing opportunity to make a real impact on learners who are eager to realise their full potential.
For many, reaching their career goals can be a daunting task, particularly if they are part of a newly arrived community in the UK. In this important role, you will have the chance to provide the guidance, support and encouragement that our learners need to think big, gain valuable skills and achieve their ambitions.
As a Learning Coach, you’ll provide support and mentoring to individuals taking our online digital skills training course.
Working closely with the Employment Engagement Officer, you’ll encourage independent learning, promote long-term career independence and support course participants in their path to employment.
Specifically, you will:
- Support participants to develop vocational skills that relate to employability and professionalism within the digital skills sector
- Equip learners with knowledge, skills and behaviours that will support their path to employment
- Carry out weekly progress reviews with participants
- Foster an empathetic, inspiring and aspirational learning environment
- Help participants to gain skills that will help them to pursue their chosen career, such as improving their English language skills
- Work with colleagues to promote our service and engage new participants
- Ensure that all service quality standards are met
- At least 12 months’ assessor experience
- Experience in a similar employment-focused role
- Experience in digital marketing, programming or cybersecurity
- Demonstrable experience of supporting people with training and career progression
- A high level of ICT competency
- Educated to graduate level or equivalent relevant professional experience
- A TAQA or equivalent assessor qualification
Please note, all Successful candidates will need take a DBS check.
Other organisations may call this role Skills Mentor, Coach & Mentor, Digital Skills Mentor, Digital Skills Assessor, Employment Skills Assessor, Digital Marketing Tutor, Cyber Security Tutor, Programming Tutor, or Employment and Careers Advisor.
Webrecruit and ACH are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Learning Coach, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9-5.30