- Job Reference: HKYKO2903/PK
- Date Posted: 16 February 2021
- Recruiter: Ashley Community Housing
- Location: Bristol
- Salary: £24,000 to £28,000
- Sector: Education - Development Officer
- Job Type: Permanent
Are you a qualified teaching or assessment professional seeking your next step? Could you help some of the most deserving adult learners gain the skills they need to thrive? If so, read on.
ACH is a social enterprise that provides a range of integration and support services for refugees. During the past ten years, we’ve grown from a small-scale housing organisation to a leading provider of integration, employment and housing services for refugees and newly arrived communities in the UK.
Through our training subsidiary, Himilo Training, we are successfully expanding our services to deliver training, development and employment opportunities to the broader communities in which we operate. Building upon our award-winning #RethinkingRefugee campaign, we aim to progress 25,000 individuals towards median-salary employment over 10 years.
We’re currently looking for a Lead Tutor to join our team and oversee the delivery of our curriculum.
- Salary of £24,000 - £28,000 per annum DOE
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Paid company sick leave
- Company pension after probation period
- Claimable expenses for any work-related travel
This is an exciting opportunity to progress your career in education and shape services that are making a real impact on people from refugee and migrant backgrounds.
Whilst there is undoubtedly a humanitarian angle to refugee resettlement, we look beyond the short-term humanitarian response. We see refugees as people with talents, skills and aspirations – assets which will boost our economy and enrich our communities.
You will have the chance to make a positive difference to people in Bristol by delivering high-quality training that will bring them one step closer to achieving their educational and professional goals.
As the Lead Tutor, you’ll oversee the delivery of several employability and training contracts, including AEB (Adult Education Budget), SSU (Skills Support for the Unemployed), traineeships and apprenticeships.
Managing a small team of Tutors and Skills Assessors, you’ll ensure that learners pursuing regulated and non-regulated qualifications are given the support needed to gain sustainable employment, or move into further education, apprenticeships or voluntary work.
You will also:
- Identify new trends and learner needs to maintain and grow our curriculum
- Observe staff and monitor their performance
- Work with the Operations Manager and Quality Manager to deliver quality improvement initiatives
- Deliver training and create lesson plans
- Collate learner data through group forums and questionnaires
- Maintain, analyse and provide management information
To join us as a Lead Tutor, you will need:
- Knowledge and experience of employer engagement and full cost provision
- Wide experience with the apprenticeship frameworks
- Experience of effective performance improvement and quality assurance to deliver apprenticeships, traineeships and other educational programmes, including skills support for the unemployed and AEB
- Experience (and current knowledge of) AC
- The ability to lead major change and development
- A teaching and/or assessor qualification
Experience of supporting refugees into education and employment would be beneficial to your application.
Other organisations may call this role Senior Tutor, Teacher, Tutor, Curriculum Manager, Qualified Teacher, Further Education Tutor, Senior Apprenticeship Assessor, or Assessor.
This is a full-time role. However, for the right candidate, we will consider a job share.
ACH and Himilo Training are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Lead Tutor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.