- IG Manager, Direct Marketing (DM) Coordinator, Database Coordinator, IG Executive (donor care) and whole fundraising department
- External providers, e.g. creative and copywriting agencies, printers, call centre, etc.
Summary of role:
- To support individual giving (IG) to the Irish Red Cross (IRC) through the acquisition, engagement, retention, development and tax-efficiency of donors
- To assist where necessary with processing donations and dealing with enquiries from donors and the public.
- To contribute to the work of IRC as a member of the IG team
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Work with the IG Manager and IG team to achieve the mission of the Irish Red Cross
- Fully support the IG Manager, DM Coordinator and the fundraising department in implementing direct marketing (DM) campaigns that meet the targets for donor development
- Fully support the IG Manager and team in achieving the targets set for new income streams and other fundraising initiatives as agreed
- Lead on the acquisition primarily of regular donors through social media coupled with telemarketing
- Support the acquisition of primarily once-off donors through direct mail
- Support the maximisation of tax-back income through soliciting CHY 3 certs from donors
- Support emergency appeals where necessary
- Coordinate with agencies and/or in-house tele-fundraisers to support development of regular giving, e.g. through conversion to, and upgrade and reactivation of direct debit donations
- Provide cover and support for other members of the team as appropriate, including, at busy times, to process data relating to donors and donations in a timely, accurate and consistent manner
- Maintain adherence to database procedures and GDPR
- Participate in performance appraisal with IG Manager or other person as agreed
- Other tasks as appropriate
Essential experience & skills:
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role in a fundraising or marketing environment
- Experience of campaigns to acquire or develop donors or customers through direct marketing channels, including social media
- Understanding of donor care and direct marketing principles and techniques
- Competence in MS Office applications, email marketing software and data entry
Desirable experience & skills:
- Experience of using a database/CRM in a fundraising or marketing environment
- Intermediate or advanced skills in MS Word & Excel
- A relevant third level qualification would be an advantage
- Knowledge of fundraising and the charity sector
- All levels of education and experience will be considered. However, good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Committed interest in the work and principles of IRC
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to speak and write fluent English
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to respond to a varying workload in a busy environment and to step up where necessary
- Ability to meet deadlines and targets
- Excellent attention to detail.
Please submit your CV and covering letter, Reference DDE, to email@example.com by 9am on Monday 24 February 2020.
Suitably-qualified candidates are also invited to apply for the post of Direct Marketing Coordinator (Maternity Cover) - see separate job listing. If applying for both posts, state this in the covering letter. Where both posts are applied for, short-listed candidates may be interviewed for both posts simultaneously. Please note that the coordinator post is a senior, but shorter-term, position to the executive post.