Indigo Gender Service Counsellor (2 Posts)
- Job Reference: ACASY3011/PK
- Date Posted: 11 November 2020
- Recruiter: LGBT Foundation
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £26,855
- Sector: Membership Officer
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: Fixed Term Until December 2022
Indigo Gender Service Counsellor (2 Posts)
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Indigo Gender Service is currently looking to recruit two Counsellors to support the Greater Manchester Trans Health Service 2-year pilot for a fixed term contract until December 2022.
Indigo Gender Service is a collaborative approach, setting the national standard for a pioneering, localised and person-centred primary care led partnership that enables trans, non-binary and gender variant people to reach their full potential.
We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), trans and/or older (50+) as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
* Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity is different in some way from the gender they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and all those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
We are open to flexible home working if you are using gender identity services and therefore have regular appointments.
Job Title: Indigo Gender Service Counsellor
Salary: £26,855 (Plus 10% Pension)
Special Terms: Fixed Term Until December 2022
Accountable to: Senior Indigo Gender Service Counsellor
Your responsibilities will include:
- To contribute to the development of best practice within the service
- To work with relevant colleagues to increase awareness of the service, supporting the development of psychoeducational resource materials and updating service information on Indigo Gender Service online portal
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of legislation, national and local policies and procedures in relation to trans and non-binary people and mental health
- All employees have a duty and responsibility for their own health and safety and the health of safety of colleagues, patients and the general public
- Compliance with LGBT Foundation’s policies, procedures, management and monitoring systems
- Display a genuine commitment to equality of opportunity and an understanding of the issues faced by LGBT communities, with specific focus on trans and non-binary communities
- In common with all staff, you have a responsibility for your own personal and professional development and training, and for drawing attention to your own training needs as well as those of colleagues that you work with
- Any other duties commensurate with the skills and abilities of the post holder as directed by your line manager
Please contact us for an informal chat about this post. We understand that working for an LGBT organisation could impact on your identity, community and/or culture. If you would like to discuss this or any aspect of the role further, please contact Rossella Nicosia.
Closing date: 30th November 2020 – 9am
Interviews: 18th December 2020
Benefits of working for LGBT Foundation:
- Generous leave allowance (25 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Sector leading 10% employers’ contributory pension
- Your birthday as a day’s leave
- Staff counselling scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Office ‘buddy’ scheme for all new starters
- Free annual flu jab
- Staff social budget
- Dedicated training budget for each member of staff and support with Personal Development Plans
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance (including time off in lieu and flexi-time)
- Relaxed dress code
To download a recruitment pack and receive a copy of the full job description please visit our website.
LGBT Foundation is part of the Disability Confident Scheme and is an Investors in People accredited organisation.
Appointment will be based on merit alone.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Indigo Gender Service Counsellor, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Counsellor, Gender Services Counsellor, Support Counsellor, Mental Health Counsellor, or Wellbeing Counsellor.