Impact and Evaluation Manager
- Job Reference: ACBFV2302/CC
- Date Posted: 5 February 2021
- Recruiter: FareShare UK
- Location: London
- Salary: £35,000 to £38,000
- Sector: Membership Manager
- Job Type: Contract
- Duration: Nine month maternity cover contract
Impact and Evaluation Manager (Maternity Cover Contract)
Home Based (working from our London or Sheffield offices when restrictions allow)
We are FareShare, the UK’s largest charity fighting hunger and food waste. We are a charitable distribution network that takes excess, in-date and good to eat food and redistributes it to other charities that turn it into meals.
We operate 21 regional centres around the UK – the majority of these are run by local charitable organisations (we call them delivery partners). This enables us to be a UK-wide organisation while keeping local concerns at the heart of our actions.
We are looking for an Impact and Evaluation Manager to join our team for a nine month maternity cover contract. Initially, this role will be home-based however it is envisaged that you will work from our Deptford or Sheffield offices when we are able.
- Salary of £35,000 - £38,000 pro rata
- Travelcard loans (if required)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Help to feed families in need and make sure that no good food goes to waste
- Support the smooth running of an established charity
If you have impact and evaluation experience and a range of skills to ensure you can hit the ground running and make a real difference to our organisation, this is the ideal role in which to advance your career.
This is an exciting time to join us as we have gone through tremendous growth and change in the past three years with the biggest growth seen in 2020 due to our rapid response to the Covid-19 crisis.
With growing awareness of our work due to the scope of our operations and several high-profile partnerships, this role has becoming increasingly important to enable us to maintain and continue to deliver our services.
As the Impact and Evaluation Manager, you will be tasked with ensuring that we can articulate and evaluate our impact, demonstrating the social and environmental value of our work.
This role is key to shaping the future of our charity and will see you working with colleagues across the organisation to make sure the impact and evaluation insight is used to drive service improvement and innovation.
You will help to create an evidence-based culture, embedding evaluation into service development and delivery. Combining social and environmental impact measurements, you will help us to balance strategic needs with real-world frontline work and will ensure that we have robust data to support our message and drive data-driven decision making.
To be considered as the Impact and Evaluation Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in an impact and evaluation role or as part of an impact and evaluation team
- Experience of briefing and managing external consultants
- Experience of designing, executing and embedding measurement frameworks
- Experience of conducting research and evaluation studies in a range of contexts
- Experience of turning data into visually engaging insights and communicating insights to drive decision making
- Experience of training others and upskilling across an organisation
- Project management and budget management experience
- In-depth knowledge of research and evaluation methods, tools and techniques
- The ability to hit the ground running and quickly embed as part of a remote team
- Knowledge of the third sector, including reporting to major funders
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, as well as a wider range of project management, CRM and internal communication tools
Experience of building contacts with, and working alongside, academic partners would be beneficial to your application. Experience of working in the third sector, including reporting to major funders, would also be an advantage, as would Agile project management experience.
Experience of working with Salesforce, PowerBI (our current system), Tableau or Qlik would be desirable, as would experience of linking top-level strategy and ground-level research.
Other organisations may call this role Charitable Impact Manager, Charity Evaluation Manager, Impact and Evaluation Analyst, Impact Assessment and Evaluation manager, or Impact Development and Evaluation Manager.
The closing date for this role is the 23rd February 2021.
Webrecruit and FareShare are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as Impact and Evaluation Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.