- Job Reference: ACBQP1804/CC
- Date Posted: 6 April 2021
- Recruiter: Marine Conservation Society
- Location: Ross-on-Wye
- Salary: £20,000 to £23,500
- Sector: HR Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 28 to 35 hours per week
Location: Open to flexible options with some access to our offices in Ross-on-Wye
Salary: £20,000 to £23,500
Closing: Sunday 18th April 2021
Interviews: Tuesday 27th and Wednesday 28th April 2021
Do you enjoy speaking to people? Can you work accurately with information and numbers? Want to support a team in a role that really makes a difference to our charity?
We’re looking for an HR Administrator who will underpin the HR administration for MCS and to ensure we get the best out of all our HR systems and information sources. What our systems tell us helps inform our policies so it’s important to get it right. If you take pride when all the numbers add up and letters are sent to the right places, we want to hear from you!
Our systems give our managers the tools to look after all our colleagues so we’re looking for someone who can make sure we know how they work and to act as a champion to get us comfortable with what’s new. We’ll also want your involvement when we run an HR campaign – it could be related to wellness and work/life balance, or information on a policy change. We’re looking for ways of effectively promoting and informing our team of the HR developments.
- You don’t necessarily need experience with HR systems for absence management, recruitment or e-learning, (though it would help) but you do need to have used a range of online tools, with the confidence to get to know them and how they work
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information in an accurate and careful manner and appreciate the need to work to the principles of GDPR and our privacy policies
- Being Excel savvy would be a real advantage. You don’t necessarily have to be expert with formulas - they’re already worked out – but you do need to know how they work, how to spot something that doesn’t look right and how to correct it
- Solid IT skills - we’re using the rest of the Microsoft Office packages on 365, including Outlook, Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint to work and keep in touch
- This role will mean you will be in contact with your colleagues by email, on the phone or on video regularly, so confidence in making written responses, or on the phone is a must
- An interest in supporting the organisation’s culture, researching and compiling information for a variety of HR campaigns and projects
- An adaptable and positive outlook, you’re someone who seeks to solve problems positively
- A desire to be part of an organisation with ambitious aims to make real change for our seas
We are looking for people who demonstrate our values, but who also contribute their own perspectives and experiences to add to our knowledge and our culture.
How to apply
Select the apply button shown and include a cover letter with your CV which tells us why you would like to work with us, and how you meet the role and person specification. We value this element of the application, so make sure you include it.
We prefer an anonymous process, so leave out any personal information in both your CV and cover letter as we prefer to shortlist without it.
We understand that interviews can be difficult for some people who have a condition or disability that they live with. We want to make it as easy as possible for every candidate to shine during their application process, so please let us know what we can do to accommodate you.
Everyone can expect to be treated with consideration and respect and MCS is committed to providing an inclusive environment for all. Good working relationships release the full potential, creativity and productivity of each individual, in an atmosphere where everyone can learn and work without prejudice, discrimination, harassment or violence.
We are committed to developing a team which is reflective of our society, and which can offer insight and views that influence our work.? We are particularly interested in applications from groups which are under-represented in marine, environmental and charity sectors.
Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role HR Admin, Human Resources Administrator, HR Co-ordinator, Human Resources Co-ordinator, HR Assistant, or Human Resources Assistant.