Post: Housing Caseworker
Salary: £23,269 – £25,295 dependent on experience (FTE 37 hours)
Hours: 30 hours per week
Responsible to: Partnerships & Inclusion Manager
Location: South Warwickshire (Stratford/Warwick office) Covering Warwick District and often seeing clients in their homes and supporting them in court. Currently we are all working from home due to Covid-19.
Duration: 12 months (possibility of extension)
CASW is looking to recruit a housing caseworker to cover the Warwick district area of south Warwickshire and work in conjunction with our Stratford District housing caseworker. The aim of the role is to prevent clients from facing homelessness and evictions, by providing advocacy, advice and support to clients within Warwick District.
The caseworker will provide money advice and representation at court for clients at risk of repossession in order to prevent homelessness. Supporting clients to reduce the risk of falling into rent arrears by helping them to resolve their debt issues, doing income maximisation through benefit claims, applying for hardship grants and educating on financial capability, referring more complex debt cases onto specialist debt caseworker.
You can demonstrate that you have:
- Minimum 12 months advice experience with Citizens Advice or a similar advice organisation.
- Experience in dealing with people housing and debt issues
- Demonstrate sensitivity, emotional resilience and a non-judgemental attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and patience
- Skills in advocacy, advice and support – depending on the needs of the client.
- Awareness of your own personal safety at all times and of those you are in close contact with
- Ability to work as part of a multi disciplinary team internally and with external organisations.
- Willingness to undertake further development or training as required by this project.
- Ability to work independently, with or without close supervision
- Use of own transport and visiting clients in their own homes.
Above all else, you should have compassion and drive to help change people’s lives for the better and provide excellent quality of advice. Due to Covid19 the role will not visit homes or outreach locations until safely advised by the Government and subject to our internal assessments, support will be provided by other methods. Our teams are currently working from home providing telephone, email advice and support.
The closing date for applications
Monday 24th May 2021 9am.
Interviews will be held via video conference w/c: Monday 31st May 2021
Find out more and apply on our website here: https://www.casouthwarwickshire.org.uk/category/vacancies/