Health Promotion Development Officer
Health Promotion Development Officer (2 Year FTC)
Perennial is the nation's only charity dedicated to helping people in horticulture. Together with our network of partners, we provide free support, information, advice, financial assistance and services for horticulturalists and their loved ones experiencing illness, disability, bereavement, family breakdown and financial difficulties.
We have a real focus on improving health and wellbeing outcomes of people working in horticulture and have an ambitious preventative strategy to create better futures for people working in horticulture.
We are currently looking for a Health Promotion Development Officer to join us for a two year, fixed term contract.
- Salary of £30,000 - £32,000 per annum DOE
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension (up to 7% employer contribution)
- DIS benefit
- Sickness pay
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Well-established family friendly policies, including the ability to have extra unpaid leave
- Time off for dependants
This is an incredible opportunity for a health promotion or prevention professional with experience of health and wellbeing training to advance their career for an exciting two year contract.
You’ll have the chance to develop a long-term preventative health strategy within a fast-paced environment which will make a real difference to the health of our service users.
What’s more, with an extensive package on offer, you can be assured that you will remain motivated and engaged by both our cause and your rewards, leaving you free to drive your professional life forwards.
As a Health Promotion Development Officer, you will be responsible for playing a key role in the development of our health and wellbeing operations practice and activities. You will also contribute to the implementation of our ‘Prevent’ strategy.
Developing key preventative health strategies based on credible research evidence, you will raise awareness of key health issues and reduce the effects of existing health problems affecting the horticultural industry.
Working as part of a small team, you will support the identification and evaluation of contributory factors to health conditions. You will develop influential partnerships, raising awareness of key health challenges and improving ways health information is communicated, distributed and accessed.
Your role will also involve:
- Delivering health and wellbeing programmes, including events, activities, volunteer recruitment
- Supporting the development of new opportunities with local and national health and wellbeing partners
- Developing relevant strategies and action plans
- Delivering plans, monitoring progress and evaluating results
- Co-ordinating activities on different topics in support of the health activities
- Raising awareness of key health issues and promoting health services
- Providing information on subjects linked to key strategic objectives and related activities
To be considered as a Health Promotion Development Officer, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience in health promotion and/or prevention work
- Experience of designing, developing, delivering and evaluating training in relation to health and wellbeing initiatives
- Excellent project management skills with experience of developing and delivering against a strategy, working towards targets and financial budgets
- Relevant health promotion knowledge of health education strategies and priorities
- A qualification in public health or health promotion
- A non-judgemental, confident and caring manner
- The ability to interact well with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to motivate others
Other organisations may call this role Health Promotion Officer, Health Project Manager, Health Project Officer, Health and Wellbeing Officer, or Health Programme Officer.
The closing date for this role is the 16th May 2021.
Webrecruit and Perennial are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Health Promotion Development Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.