Are you a talented environmental and sustainability leader and practitioner with an urge for greater job satisfaction working in the charity sector? A leading environmental charity with recognised national brand and footprint, as well as strong regional presence, is looking for a new Head of Sustainable Business Services. Is this your next job?
We are looking for a passionate, technically skilled and ambitious senior sustainability practitioner to consolidate and grow a sustainable business consultancy service across the North of England.
This not-for-profit organisation and registered charity has a mission to provide training and create jobs, reduce energy and waste, re-connect people with nature and transform whole neighbourhoods. Their sustainable business services help them to achieve their charitable objectives by providing environmental and sustainability solutions to support businesses and other organisations.
Clients range from small SMEs through to large local authorities and multinational organisations in manufacturing, engineering, housing, professional services and more. Any surpluses generated through this workstream are invested back into sustainable community projects.
This role is ideal for an environmental and sustainability leader looking to progress and lead a consultancy. Crucially, you are ambitious and excited about the prospect of growing a team and client base initially across the North West region with a view to exploring new markets further afield.
To apply, we'd love to see the following skills, experience and attitudes on your CV:
* Extensive experience of developing and delivering high quality sustainable business solutions to clients or in-house (ideally within environment, energy management and/or sustainability).
* A range of knowledge and practical application of legislative compliance, sustainability solutions, resource efficiency advice, environmental auditing and continual improvement with an international standards framework including ISO 14001.
* Excellent leadership skills and the ability to motivate a high-performing team that includes both internal staff and external consultants.
* Strong business development and relationship management skills; able to credibly and effectively represent and drive new business opportunities.
* Passionate about sustainability; highly proficient in your technical field.
Flexible life and family-friendly employer with a happy working culture where people are valued. In a recent staff survey, 100% of employees said they were proud to work at the charity.
Currently home-based and open to either remote base (within the North West) or office base in South Manchester.
If you're feeling as excited about this opportunity as we are, please send a copy of your latest CV to our North West consultant, Amelia Lee, for more details.
Deadline: 9am on 1st March
Interviews: w/c 8th March (TBC)
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.