Head of Policy & Research
- Job Reference: HKYBH0202/PK
- Date Posted: 7 January 2021
- Recruiter: LGBT Foundation
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: £30,212
- Sector: Legal Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Head of Policy & Research
Manchester, Greater Manchester
You will be responsible for developing new relationships and partnerships with colleagues within the LGBT sector, academia, the health system, and local and national government. You will oversee our research and policy programme, translating evidence into clear and practical action that can be taken to reduce health inequalities and improve lives.
You will also be responsible for LGBT Foundation’s role as the lead partner of the National LGBT Partnership, which combines the expertise of ten key LGB&T organisations across England and works closely with the LGBT Health Team at NHS England.
We particularly welcome applicants who identify as Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME), trans and/or older (50+) as colleagues from these backgrounds are currently underrepresented in our organisation.
* Trans is an umbrella and inclusive term used to describe people whose gender identity is different in some way from the gender they were assigned at birth; including non-binary people, cross dressers and all those who partially or incompletely identify with their sex assigned at birth.
We are open to flexible home working if you are using gender identity services and therefore have regular appointments.
Job Title: Head of Policy & Research
Hours: 37hrs per week
Special Terms: Permanent (Subject to funding)
Accountable to: Director of Operations
Accountable for: Policy and Research Coordinator and Policy Coordinator
Your responsibilities will include:
- Influence the policy environment in order to strengthen awareness of the needs and issues of LGBT communities at the local, regional and national level and advance the organisation’s overall policy objectives.
- Lead LGBT Foundation’s strategic engagement with key public and voluntary sector stakeholders in order to promote the needs of LGBT communities.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the National LGBT Partnership to strengthen awareness of the needs of LGBT communities at a national level.
- Oversee our research programme, developing new research partnerships and generating new evidence on LGBT people’s experiences and needs.
- Manage the development and delivery of LGBT Foundation’s policy and research work in order to meet our two year forward plan objectives.
Please contact us for an informal chat about this post. We understand that working for an LGBT organisation could impact on your identity, community and/or culture. If you would like to discuss this or any aspect of the role further, please contact Rachel Waterman. Contact details can be found by selecting the apply button shown.
Closing date: 9am – 2nd February 2021
Benefits of working for LGBT Foundation
- Generous leave allowance (25 days’ annual leave rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service)
- Sector-leading 10% employers’ contributory pension
- Your birthday as a day’s leave
- Staff counselling scheme
- Cycle to Work / Technology Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Office ‘buddy’ scheme for all new starters
- Free annual flu jab
- Free VDU eye care test
- Staff social budget
- Dedicated training budget for each member of staff and support with Personal Development Plans
- Flexible working to support a healthy work/life balance (including time off in lieu and flexi-time)
- Relaxed dress code
To download a recruitment pack and receive a copy of the full job description, please visit our website.
LGBT Foundation is part of the Disability Confident Scheme and is an Investors in People accredited organisation.
Appointment will be based on merit alone.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.