Fundraising Manager (Part Time)
- Job Reference: ACBHK1503/CC
- Date Posted: 22 February 2021
- Recruiter: Holocaust Memorial Day Trust
- Location: Vauxhall
- Salary: £30,000
- Sector: Fundraising - Manager
- Job Type: Permanent
Fundraising Manager (Part Time)
Vauxhall, London (initially home based in line with COVID guidelines)
Established and mainly funded by the UK Government, Holocaust Memorial Day Trust (HMDT) is a charity that promotes and supports Holocaust Memorial Day (HMD) in the UK.
Holocaust Memorial Day (27 January) is the day for everyone to remember the six million Jews murdered during the Holocaust, alongside the millions of other people killed under Nazi Persecution and in subsequent genocides in Cambodia, Rwanda, Bosnia and Darfur. It is a time when we seek to learn the lessons of the past and recognise that genocide does not just take place on its own - it’s a steady process which can begin if discrimination, racism and hatred are not checked and prevented.
HMD is for everyone. Each year across the UK, thousands of people come together to learn more about the past and take action to create a safer future. We know they learn more, empathise more and do more.
Together we bear witness for those who endured genocide and honour the survivors and all those whose lives were changed beyond recognition.
We are currently looking for a part-time Fundraising Manager to join our team in an initially home-based role which will be based from our offices in Vauxhall once COVID guidelines allow.
- Salary of £30,000 (FTE £50,000)
- 25 days' holiday (pro rata’d to 15 days)
- Ensure we can continue our important charitable work
This is the ideal opportunity for a fundraising professional to utilise their skills to enhance our organisation and ensure we can continue our work.
This engaging role will involve working across all areas of fundraising and is sure to keep you engaged and motivated through the wide variety of activities involved and the knowledge of the work you are enabling.
What’s more, you’ll find that we are inclusive, supportive and offer strong rewards alongside flexibility as to your working hours, so you will be able to pursue a rewarding career whilst fulfilling your additional responsibilities.
As the Fundraising Manager, you will be tasked with delivering enhanced income for our organisation through leading our fundraising activities.
You will work on trust and foundation fundraising projects, legacy fundraising, online and community activities and build donor relationships.
In this all-encompassing fundraising role, you will also:
- Research, write and submit fundraising applications
- Create and deliver a programme of legacy fundraising
- Provide support to the fundraising committee, its Chair, our CEO and the Head of Finance and Operations
- Develop and enhance our fundraising infrastructure
- Help to realise our charitable aims and organisational strategic plan
To be considered as a Fundraising Manager, you will need:
- Extensive experience of securing income through foundations and trusts
- Experience of legacy fundraising
- Experience of online and community fundraising
- Experience of managing fundraising infrastructure for small charities, including administrative processes and systems, database management for fundraising and donor management systems
- Excellent knowledge of the current fundraising sector for relevant activity in the UK and internationally
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding and respect for the sensitive and confidential nature of the role
- A track record and experience of developing and maintaining stakeholder relationships
- An understanding of and ability to record and demonstrate impact
- An interest in and commitment to the values of HMDT
- An understanding of and commitment to diversity and inclusion
Other organisations may call this role Foundations and Trusts Fundraising Manager, Legacy Fundraising Manager, Community Fundraising Manager, Legacy and Gifts Manager, Donor engagement Manager, or Senior Fundraising Officer.
This is a part-time role working 21 hours per week. The exact days worked can be discussed later in the recruitment process.
The closing date for this role is the 15th March 2020.
Webrecruit and HMDT are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Fundraising Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.