This wonderful children's charity based in the NE of England works locally and nationally with babies, children and young people to support them through the rollercoaster of growing up in families, schools and communities. As established charity, the organisations support services focus on providing services at times in a child's life where they it's most. In the last year alone they helped almost 4,000 children and improved the school day experience for over 40,000 children.
They're currently recruiting for an interim Fundraising and Communications Manager to cover maternity leave at the organisation for 10 months. This is a key role within the team and a dual position working across line management, income generation, and comms. Key responsibilities include:
- Lead on implementation of new fundraising income strategy and action plan to increase income.
- Line management of a team of three
- Lead on implementation of new marketing and communications strategic plan.
- Lead on promoting charity brand and marketing our services to increase reach.
- Working to and achieving annual set funding targets within set budgets.
- Lead the stewardship of donors and supporters across a diverse portfolio of fundraising activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with patrons and celebrity supporters.
- Lead portfolio of innovative, fundraising activities and approaches to include but not limited to community, appeals, corporate and major donors
- Copy writing for proposals, advertising, website, marketing materials and press releases for approval by Leadership Team
- To lead team meetings, individual supervision sessions and annual appraisals of Fundraising and Communications Team, and support team's individual training and development plans.
The charity is keen to see applications from individuals with a fundraising background who also have an understanding of communications and how that supports fundraising as well as the wider charity. Key experience required is as follows:
- Achieving fundraising targets, and successfully managing a small team
- Experience and knowledge of fundraising across a range of income streams, particularly community and events, corporate and appeals
- Experience of stewarding a range of charity donors and supporters
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal for a wide range of purposes and audience
- Experience of effective fundraising strategy delivery
If you'd like to be considered for this role please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 020 7939 7448 to have an initial chat about the position.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), race, religion or belief, gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
Please note, due to the number of applications we receive we aren't always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates.