Fundraiser- Trusts & Philanthropy
- Job Reference: FTP030521
- Date Posted: 22 April 2021
- Recruiter: Dove House Hospice
- Location: Kingston upon Hull
- Salary: £14,332
- Sector: Administration Assistant
- Job Type: Permanent
Fundraiser - Trusts & Philanthropy
Hull, East Yorkshire (flexi-remote with the possibility of homeworking)
Who will I be working for?
Dove House Hospice is a dedicated person-centred service supporting patients with life limiting illnesses to live every moment. Whether improving the quality of life of a patient or caring for an individual at the end of their life there are a range of services and support, including therapies, available all within a peaceful, homely and caring place.
We aim to continuously develop and provide the best service and support, having recently received the Sunday Times Best Companies to Work For award, placing within the top 10.
We are now looking for a part-time Fundraiser to join our team. It is envisaged that this role will increase to 30 hours per week from the initial working hours of 22.5. This role is flexi-remote, with the possibility of homeworking considered.
- Salary of £23,887 per annum pro rata (actual salary £14,332 for 22.5 hours)
- Mileage paid
- 22 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays pro rata
- Additional leave for long service is available
- Matched pension contributions
- Up to six months’ full occupational sick pay (based on service length)
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity, Adoption and Shared Parental Leave pay
If you are ready to make a difference with your career and possess fantastic fundraising skills, this is the ideal role in which to step up and make an impact on our community.
All roles throughout the organisation contribute to making our vision a reality. A vision that every adult within the community we serve with a life limiting illness has the best quality of life possible.
We support patients and their families during a difficult time in their lives and your contribution as part of the fundraising team will mean the continued delivery of the highest quality services right across the organisation.
What will I be doing?
As a Fundraiser, you will maximise income and engagement from Trusts, Foundations and High Level Donors.
Delivering powerful, compelling, and creative approaches for financial support, you will manage a portfolio of existing funder and supporter relationships. You will also seek out new funding opportunities to build financial sustainability and growth.
Additionally, your role will involve:
- Creating plans detailing application submissions to ensure annual targets are met
- Managing several different applications, projects and appeals at any one time
- Co-ordinating all aspects of projects to ensure the terms of the funding are met
- Leading the development and implementation of supporter journey plans
- Encouraging and inspiring individuals to offer long-term support
This role will involve working weekends and out of hours as and when required.
What skills and experience will I need?
To be considered as a Fundraiser, you will need:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow and adhere to regulatory guidelines
- A full, valid driving licence
Previous fundraising experience working with Trusts, Foundations and High Level Donors is preferred, however experience in a similar role would also be considered.
Other organisations may call this role Fundraising Executive, Trusts Fundraiser, Trust Fundraising Officer, Trust Partnerships Officer, Funding Officer, Trust Funding Officer, Trust and Foundation Fundraiser, or Fundraising Officer.
The closing date for applications is Monday 3rd May 2021.
Webrecruit and Dove House Hospice are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Fundraiser, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.