Are you motivated to communicate the importance of our work to others?
Can you write persuasively, creatively and with great attention to detail?
Do you care about making a difference to the lives of disabled children?
If you enjoy the challenge, satisfaction and exhilaration of fundraising for a charity then this job is perfect for you!
Contract Duration: Permanent contract.
Salary: £24,375 Pro Rata (£4875 per annum)
Hours: 7.5 hours per week
Location: Home based role. The ability to work independently and flexibly is central to the potential success of the role.
About the role
We are looking for someone with a talent for explaining the work we do persuasively to potential funders. You will have a talent for writing creatively, explaining projects and communicating the impact of our work. As our fundraiser you will develop and support the charity in its core fundraising, currently between £50,000 and £100,000 a year. You will have experience in researching, collating, preparing and submitting funding applications. You will be good with detail and deadlines as well as researching potential opportunities. You’ll have experience of using social media to create regular fundraising campaigns, encouraging our supporters to donate to us.
Incredible Kids runs inclusive play and support sessions for children and young people with additional needs and disabilities. The charity also supports their siblings and parent carers. Operating since June 2012 the charity was set up by parents to provide mutually beneficial support to each other, allowing their children and young people to play.
The charity aims to reduce social isolation for families with children or young people with disabilities by helping them have fun and make friends. We help families become more resilient and less isolated.
- Work closely with trustees to help develop and implement a fundraising plan and strategy each year.
- Develop compelling cases for support and writing tailored funding applications.
- Identify and research grants, trusts and corporate funding opportunities.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with new and existing funding/grant making organisations.
- Use social media to develop creative fundraising campaigns and sponsorship opportunities encouraging donations from our supporters.
- Develop a deep understanding of the work of the charity to ensure that fundraising priorities are understood.
- Networking with key stakeholders, partners, funders and businesses on social media or in person to raise the profile of Incredible Kids.
- Completing annual grant returns on time, demonstrating the impact of our work.
Proven experience and a recent track record of success in fundraising in the charity sector.
Creative and persuasive communication skills with the ability to clearly convey the impact we make and inspire others to contribute to the charity.
Excellent IT skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
Knowledge of the use of social media including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Ability to accurately document and communicate our needs and impact to others.
Financially literate with the ability to produce and understand budgets.
Ability to work independently.
Be proactive and passionate about raising funds against our annual fundraising plan.
Good planning and time management skills.
Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision.
A genuine enthusiasm for the work of the charity.
Lived experience of the issues our beneficiaries face.
To apply for this role please send a CV and a persuasive letter of up to two pages explaining why you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in working for Incredible Kids